Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biking friends,

I am putting together a TAMBA group ride for October 23rd. We'll be enjoying the new Star Lake Connector trail and the fairly new Cold Creek Trail. Here are the details:

What: TAMBA Stagecoach to Star Group ride
When and Where: Sunday October 23rd, 2011 @ 11am. Meet at Heavenly's Stagecoach Lodge (MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map)

It is a group ride showcasing the brand new Star Lake Connector Trail above South Lake Tahoe
We'll start at 11am at Heavenly Stagecoach Lodge, ride out on the TRT to Star Lake, eat lunch, then drop down the new Star Connector trail to High Meadow and then continue on to Cold Creek Trail, finishing at High Meadow Road trail head. Post ride BBQ is also planned. We will also have Jacob Quinn and other riders from the Forest Service along showing us why and how these new trails are made.

I am currently working on lining up a shuttle from High Meadow to Stagecoach.

You can RSVP by emailing webmaster @ mountainbiketahoe.org or here: TAMBA Stagecoach to Star ride | Facebook

I'm very excited about riding with everyone and celebrating the new trail work going on.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
If you get a number of people, since parking is limited at High meadows it might be better to Shuttle from Ski Run Blvd, parking along the road were the Heavenly overflow parking is.

Then ride Powerline back to Saddle/Ski Run Blvd

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
So I did this ride today, what a sweet quick ride. The new star lake connector trail has really bedded in with the moisture last week and is riding really nice. The Aspens have stared turning on cold creek and it's pretty cool right now.

So from Eagles Nest to Ski Run Blvd, my bike computer recorded 20 miles and it took a couple old guys 2 hours and 40 minutes of ride time.

A few pics from today, did not stop to take any on the connector as I just wanted to get a feel for the flow, goes for a long time.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.