Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
baycat said:
Anyone up for riding Tamarancho Sat or Sun, early or late?

Going to do 2x loops for the first time. Best to do CW, CCW?
Let's see what drama this thread pulls up. ;) So far you are 2 for 2 with ride posts.

-Dan

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I am one **** disturber :D

Well we are probably going to shuttle B-17 or Mt. Tam with my new toy, Unimog!

Thing would do great at Demo.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
I wish. My foot still pains me too much. I tried to ride Saturday for the first time in a month, the swelling is mostly down and the shoe fits again, but after pedaling up my street only a hundred yards the pain was unbearable. It's going to be at least a week or two more. It sucks big time!

Clockwise is easier, except for Serpentine's big-rock.

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
i'm down for saturday. i have to close the bar friday night, so i am free, but i need some sleep first. can we do it around 11 or 12ish?

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
I wish......

.........I could go. Putting on a B-day party for my daugher on Saturday and Sunday will have to be family time 'cause my stupid co-workers keep breaking our tool :madman: in Taiwan so I will be flying on Monday to go fix it. :madmax: :madmax: Ryan you should pick up one of these so you don't miss out on another ride.

Attachments

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Murphy 12 sounds good to me. You want to carpool from the City?

Ryan

Derby hows the Ibis treating ya?

·
Registered
141 Posts
We'll be there too, lots of long, slow laps for me in preparation for 12H of Temecula. Look for us, I'll be on a bright orange 2-9r SS and Juan will most likely be on his SS too.

·
gimme friction
1,105 Posts
baycat said:
Anyone up for riding Tamarancho Sat or Sun, early or late?

Going to do 2x loops for the first time. Best to do CW, CCW?

Well, if you're doing two loops, why not one each way?

Have fun...wish I could make it, but I'll be out of town...see you on the next one!

·
Trip the Bike Fantastic
588 Posts
baycat said:
Yep, I am one **** disturber :D

Well we are probably going to shuttle B-17 or Mt. Tam with my new toy, Unimog!

Thing would do great at Demo.
Is that a Unimog? My dad in-law sold his 12-seater Pinzgauer to some lucky SOB in Arizona. Also his cherry '66 VW bus. All the while I thought it was part of the dowry.

If it's early enough and the days work out, perhaps I'll join you. Otherwise, maybe we'll see each other on the loops.

PS. my recommendation is to do your early loop counterclockwise. Less traffic and a little more challenging to start off with. Ride up from White's Hill school for extra trail fun!:eekster:

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
my gf and i have something to do in fairfax or somewhere up there after, so i'm not sure about the carpool. unless you want to go to an art opening.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Eh, the big rock...

derby said:
I wish. My foot still pains me too much. I tried to ride Saturday for the first time in a month, the swelling is mostly down and the shoe fits again, but after pedaling up my street only a hundred yards the pain was unbearable. It's going to be at least a week or two more. It sucks big time!

Clockwise is easier, except for Serpentine's big-rock.
... is fully do-able since they re-shaped it a year ago or so. The trick is keeping your momentum up by pedaling up there in the middle ring 2 or 3 cogs down from the biggest. Once you hit the rock, throw the bike up and torque it up there, like a semi-bunny hop. I get up it about 50% of the time on my first try these days.

·
-_-
4,748 Posts
Crud...work calls.

Newly negotiated wages mean I'm working weekends now. Have fun everyone, I'll be daydreaming about the ride. :) I definitely need to be sure I have 2/17 off, so I can join in on the Brit-the-Trog ride.

~FYI: I do have Mon/Tues available!!!

Conditions: Buy me a coffee and bagel and I'll even play shuttle from S.F. or the East Bay!!

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
Baycat!!! these trails are in my back yard... er, at least they were when I lived in Marin Co!
Why don't you just post GPS tracks of all of the illegal singletrack you're going to do while you're there!?! I chipped away at that damn rock on serpentine with my keychain swiss army knife for four weeks without sleep and now you out-of-towners want to blow it for us locals!

Sorry... I'm a little goofy from a beating at Skyline followed by a gut-buster burrito and 3 Racer 5's.

Immona try to make it.

Don't forget your passes kiddies!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts