Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I would like try out our Family pass tomorrow at Tamarancho. It will
be our fist time. I'm concerned it might be a little to hot.We plan on hitting the trail
around 8am do you think it's doable. We are in decent shape and are really looking forward to it. What do you think??

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i like riding at about noon to three when its hottest.. really too, its when i end up doing most of my riding. as long as you have enough water and sunblock, you're fine..

nothing wrong with riding in the heat if you're hydrated properly.. tam isnt too long of a ride.

·
Mtb Bum
144 Posts
No Worries

It's only 11 miles round trip if you park in the lot across from Sunshine Bikes. If you really are in good shape, and ride pretty slowly, you can do it in two hours. So, done by 10. Shouldn't be too hot by then.

·
Registered
112 Posts
...really, really tight switchbacks. :thumbsup:

I often ride in very hot weather and the key for me has been to hydrate well the week leading up to those rides. I do this by not drinking soda nor coffee and just drinking alot of water and some gatorade. It works for me.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
im a raging coffee addict.. just have to compensate by drinking a lot of water! especially when its this hot out, drink enough to feel a little sloshy before the ride. it'll feel weird for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but an hour in i think you notice a pretty good difference, cramping and bonk wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts