Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is Tamarancho after rains, similar to headlands/mt tam? Since it's raining this weekend figure i'd ask and may go saturday.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Hasn't really rained enough to make the trails muddy, especially in the Headlands and Tam. It will take a good soaking. You will be fine to ride Tamarancho this weekend unless there is a really good rain producing a few inches, then give it a few days but the soil will quickly absorb it. I know I will be out there this weekend.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Ryan is right that it should be fine this weekend. But in general, after it gets a lot of rain, Tamarancho takes a bit longer than other places to dry out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For whatever it's worth, China Camp was bone dry this morning. Did it even rain a little last night in Marin? It was on and off rain in my part of the East Bay and I was expecting the trails to at least be damp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I've been there a few times in the last couple of weeks, and it seems like the soil is so dry that the last rains haven't done much to it, so no mud yet. Should change after heavy rains though.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tamarancho was incredible today. Hero dirt everywhere. Tons of traction, no dust, no mud, beautiful really. If there's not too much rain Friday it should still be good this weekend!!

·
PokeyOne
302 Posts
It could use some rain.

And a little trail work. Some spots are getting a bit sketchy.
I got nudged by a stump or something and flew off the side of the hill. Had to do a Tree grab.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Trail Maintenence starts Saturday, December 3 @ 10 am. Meet at ranger station. I was out there yesterday taking care of some rebar that was sticking out in places on Goldman. Also did the semianual dirt fill in around the Madrone trees on Serpentine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts