Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this in the classifieds. Reminded me of the "Are all Turner riders 7feet tall?" thread.

This is a strong contender for the most seat post extension.

_MK

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,992 Posts
look at the wheels compared to the frame.

damn....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know that my example does not involve a Turner, but I will mention it anyways.

For a good part of this summer I rode stoker on a tandem while training for the Jay Challenge. The bad part? The tandem was made for a kid to be sitting stoker. It had a 13" seat tube. I normally ride a 19" or 19.5". Eeek. We had to buy a special made 500mm seat post to get it to work. Even then the top tube was so short it felt like I was riding a bike built for a monkey.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I have the same problem on my VP Free. I'm told I show more post than John Holmes. :eek:

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I bet that guy is probably no more than 6'3"-6'4", but he's on a large instead of an XL or sasquatch. He's either all legs or he's a recovering 90's XC weenie with "post up your arse" syndrome. I know a few guys like that, they get off at every tech section cause their seat is set at OTB height, when I tell them to lower their seats they tell me thats stupid and only pussies lower their seats. I love the look on their faces when I clean a tough section while they are standing there or lying on the ground :D

oh yeah, both of these morons are on 5 Spots too and have QR collars on their bikes.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Found the rider picture

Once more for old time's sake.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
rroeder said:
I bet that guy is probably no more than 6'3"-6'4", but he's on a large instead of an XL or sasquatch. He's either all legs or he's a recovering 90's XC weenie with "post up your arse" syndrome. I know a few guys like that, they get off at every tech section cause their seat is set at OTB height, when I tell them to lower their seats they tell me thats stupid and only pussies lower their seats. I love the look on their faces when I clean a tough section while they are standing there or lying on the ground :D

oh yeah, both of these morons are on 5 Spots too and have QR collars on their bikes.
Hey I saw a guy riding a while back with not only a ton of post showing, but flat bars and a riser stem flipped to be a negative rise. The bike had like 10" of saddle to bar drop; I have no idea how he rode it.

·
carpe mañana
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CDMC said:
Hey I saw a guy riding a while back with not only a ton of post showing, but flat bars and a riser stem flipped to be a negative rise. The bike had like 10" of saddle to bar drop; I have no idea how he rode it.
Maybe he had background in track racing? ;)

_MK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts