Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dusting Trails
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went on my first fifteen mile ride in a long time and now I'm thinking about getting taller handlebars for my old 1996 Stumpjumper to relieve my shoulder and wrist pain. I used to bomb the fire roads and single track trails, but now my riding is just making sure my six year old son stays upright on his new bike. We mostly ride easy fire roads, so I don't need to be in a racer crouch anymore. I'm six foot tall, and hoping if I put a taller set of handlebars on my bike I will be able to continue taking longer rides with the family. What are my options and what would you recommend I retrofit my bike with? My old bike is pictured below.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You could start with a shorter stem, maybe around a 100. Looks like you have something close to a 130 on there. Thompson makes super nice and stiff stems. Easton makes nice stems aswell. My dad just recently put an easton bar and stem on his old Bontrager Race lite. It is holding up well and doesnt look too out of place.

Also some riser bars. Easton makes some nice bars, strong and good options on rise, weight, and price.
Easton Bars

The EA 50 bars arent too expensive, but are nice, light, and come in a high rise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.