Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17 Alloy TB and am contemplating going to a HT, either current or new model. Anyone make the switch? I would like more travel for downhill and a carbon frame as well as swapping over my parts I've replaced. Any input appreciated.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
I had a Tallboy 1 carbon and a Tallboy 2 carbon....got a Hightower March, 2018.

Does everything my Tallboys did better, even with heavier weight and more travel.

Climbs better, even though I was running a harder gear. Climbs better even though I was running a heavier wheel/tire combo. Climbs better with a lot more travel.

Descents day and night better....much more monster trucking capable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree 100% with mtnbikej. Also went from a Tallboy1 carbon to Hightower CC X01. Couldn't be happier. Also, SC Reserve carbon wheelset is great, and yes, I can absolutely tell the difference from the thin, flexy aluminum wheels I had before.
At first I missed the close gear spacing of the 3x10 (yeah, I know...), but now I'm a convert to 1x12. So quiet and smooth.
Do it! It's so much better.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I've demo'ed current versions of each bike and, for me, the Highboy was the better choice if I was buying at this moment.

I'm planning on a purchase early next year so have the ability to wait until the latest TB and HB are introduced. My actual choice, if I bought right now, would be the latest Bronson based on everything I've ridden so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.