Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Haha, finally what I've been wanting but alas you can't keep everyone happy......**** color choices.....and I'm still not convinced the Bandit Two9 isn't the bike for me, it "looks" more purposeful.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Large and X-large sizes as a frame and shock only, or as a complete bike in two all-mountain builds that range from $45399 to $5299 USD
$45399!! What comes on that build?

My TRc is jealous of the 12x142 rear end and iscg05 mounts.

Looks badass.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Did they pull the video down? I watched it earlier, but wanted to send it over to a friend.

Pretty bad ass. I bet the yellow looks a LOT better in person.

$3200 for the Ram aluminum is a pretty good price. That's $500 more than just the Carbon frame.
I suspect there will be a few of these out and about.

How funny would it be if it were an elaborate April fools prank...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
120 setup?

I've been holding off on a Tallboy purchase waiting to see what the LT would be. I am currently on an older Sultan w 100 mm of travel. Love my bike but want more travel and more relaxed geometry.

I was hoping the LTc would be more like the blur TRc with 5 inches of travel.

Been looking at the newer Sultan and the SB95 both at 120mm. Both are too heavy for my riding style though. Also the current Tallboy w a 120 fork.

Any speculation on geometry and ride characteristics of running the LTc as a 120 set up in the front?

After reading the reviews I am concerned about the bars being too high, although the test bike all have risers from what i see. I would run a flat bar.

·
Registered
633 Posts
WantWantWant!!!

I DO wish the color choices were different, but since this isn't likely to happen for me until next year, perhaps there will be different options.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Yup, I have to agree that on paper, SC nailed it with this bike. Now to get some real world ride reports.

Can't wait to demo one at Sea Otter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
birthday coming up in may so this is going to be a very nice gift to myself.. was at my LBS first thing this morning to place an order for the carbon frame set. need to decide if i go with the float or use a talas.....

·
Registered
777 Posts
Very Nice !!! Not to crazy about color choices for the TallBoy LT carbon ... Still gonna get one !!! Just trying to decide on which color ??? Another home run by Santa Cruz Bikes !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Quick question. The geo charts for the Tallboy LT and LTc list that it is based around a 505mm axle to crown fork - should it maybe be 550mm?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've been holding off on a Tallboy purchase waiting to see what the LT would be. I am currently on an older Sultan w 100 mm of travel. Love my bike but want more travel and more relaxed geometry.

I was hoping the LTc would be more like the blur TRc with 5 inches of travel.

Been looking at the newer Sultan and the SB95 both at 120mm. Both are too heavy for my riding style though. Also the current Tallboy w a 120 fork.

Any speculation on geometry and ride characteristics of running the LTc as a 120 set up in the front?

After reading the reviews I am concerned about the bars being too high, although the test bike all have risers from what i see. I would run a flat bar.
I would demo a TallBoy with 120mm fork & see how it feels to you. I have a TB carbon with a Fox Talas - I leave it in the 120mm settting. IMO - going with 120mm front & 130mm rear - on the TB LT - is not the way to go = one unbalanced bike ... Note - If the TB with 120mm is not enough travel for your liking. Go with the TB LT with 140mm on it. For lightweight go TB LT carbon with Shimano XTR & some Good wheels. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Son of a motherless goat, SC! You've just made plans for me for my bonus check

Okay...the Nomad MK1 will be going up for sale to help fund a set of carbon wheels. :D

1 - 20 of 174 Posts