Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2821 - 2833 of 2833 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey gang
I've searched this thread looking for the TB4 compression ratio, but no luck.

I've rented a shockwiz and I keep getting various compression ratio's when using their wizard setup.

Shockwiz gives you the option of directly entering a compression ratio, so I emailed SC and got the below response;

"Thanks for contacting us.
Compression ratio is, more or less, a measure of how easy it is to compress the suspension and involves a number of unique variables, such as shock tune and pressure.
This is not a value we know or use in our engineering department, so I do not have a number to provide you with, sadly. You may want to touch base with Sram's technical support, as they will be more familiar with the nuances of Shockwiz."

So my question is - what compression ratio have shockwiz TB4 users been using?

Thank you in advance!
E
I’m pretty sure it’s travel/shock stroke so 2.67, could try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’m pretty sure it’s travel/shock stroke so 2.67, could try that

Thanks. That is about what I'm getting.

This should be a known value, correct? This is a ratio that a bike engineer designs their suspension, correct? Or am I taking crazy pills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
267 Posts
I used a ShockWiz on my Ripley which is also 120 mm travel with 45 mm stroke and the compression ratio was consistently 2.8

·
Registered
803 Posts
Will I need spacers for to run Shimano XT brakes with 180 rotors?

I've got a used frame coming to me, and I'm pretty excited to build it up and don't want to forget anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
Will I need spacers for to run Shimano XT brakes with 180 rotors?

I've got a used frame coming to me, and I'm pretty excited to build it up and don't want to forget anything.

Thanks
Yes. Will need a 20mm post to post adapter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks. That is about what I'm getting.

This should be a known value, correct? This is a ratio that a bike engineer designs their suspension, correct? Or am I taking crazy pills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It even depends on volume reduces inside you shock, whick everyone can chance by themselves. So no. You probably can‘t get that number from SC.

2821 - 2833 of 2833 Posts