Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2833 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking to pick up a new Tallboy 4. I have a pretty decent budget. Opinions on which build you would go with out of these two for about the same price?. The first option would be the carbon S build, I would replace the group set with xo1 AXS, and would add reserve wheels. Second option would be to go with the X01 build then leave it stock. Obviously I get the better fork and shock on the X01 as well as brakes and the cc frame. Opinions. Does having the AXS and reserve outweigh the better Spec xo1 build?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Looking to pick up a new Tallboy 4. I have a pretty decent budget. Opinions on which build you would go with out of these two for about the same price?. The first option would be the carbon S build, I would replace the group set with xo1 AXS, and would add reserve wheels. Second option would be to go with the X01 build then leave it stock. Obviously I get the better fork and shock on the X01 as well as brakes and the cc frame. Opinions. Does having the AXS and reserve outweigh the better Spec xo1 build?
I would not buy the S build with those upgrades. I wouldn't spend the money on Reserve rims only to have DT370 hubs. Have you tried pricing out a custom build?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the CC X01 build and it’s great, I’d take upgraded frame and suspension over upgraded groupset every day of the week. I know it’s personal preference but gears are gears for me and as long as they shift up and down I’m happy. Suspension on the other hand makes or breaks for me

·
Registered
422 Posts
+1 on going with the X01 and CC. The Reserve wheels are ok, but for about the same money you can get better hubs on similar rims from Light Bicycle. I'm rolling on Onyx Vespers and loving it. Can always upgrade wheels later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2701 - 2720 of 2833 Posts