Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using tires w/ relatively short knobs - Kenda Cortez, SB8's. I thought w/ winter in effect I should go to tires w/ taller knobs. I find when I hit any hardpack I can feel the rear knobs folding (any hard turns). I weigh 200lb and run 38 psi in the tires. I tried a WTB Prowler 2.3 Kevlar and a Specialized 2.3 Enduro. Thanx

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
keen said:
I have been using tires w/ relatively short knobs - Kenda Cortez, SB8's. I thought w/ winter in effect I should go to tires w/ taller knobs. I find when I hit any hardpack I can feel the rear knobs folding (any hard turns). I weigh 200lb and run 38 psi in the tires. I tried a WTB Prowler 2.3 Kevlar and a Specialized 2.3 Enduro. Thanx
Could be the knobs or the casing. Or a combo of the two. The casing stiffness helps support the tread. Try adjusting the pressure: Add 3-5psi and note if the cornering is better or worse. Then try 3-5psi less than your normal level and try it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.