Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering where, anyone with a dropper setpost is routing there cables. I don't see anywhere to run the cable. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, Pictures would help also if possible. SC web page says that they added cable routing under the TT, I just don't see where. :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Look in the forward shock mount

It's opposite the front derailleur stops along the top tube. I have my front derailleur cable on the drive side at the headtube and then the cable crosses the dropper cable under the top tube to come out on the non drive side at the front shock mount. I have the my I950 cable doing the opposite dance to come out the back on the drive side and go to the top of the seatpost.
Let me know if you need pics.

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,929 Posts
@ artnshel - On my Blur LTc, the stops are designed for the cable housing to end, leaving the cable exposed, and finishing in the housing from the second stop to the seat. Is it the same with the tallboy?

If so, did you cut the cable housing to fit or did you mount it differently? I would like to know.

·
Chumley for prez!
445 Posts
bankerboy said:
@ artnshel - On my LTc, the stops are designed for the cable housing to end, leaving the cable exposed, and finishing in the housing from the second stop to the seat. Is it the same with the ?
Yes, it's the same on the tallboy and it doesn't work so well with the rockshox reverb as I found out. Oh well, I just piggy backed off of the ft. derailleur cable with some electrical tape. so far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts