Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently race a 23lb Specialized Epic....It's a 6.2lb Frame. I'd like to find a full suspension bike frame that's about 1 lb lighter so I can go disc, and still keep it in the 23lb or less weight category. The YETI AS-R SL has caught my attention (weight weenie listed at 5.4lbs).....but it is not a 4-bar bike. The only experience I've had is with the FSR design...although I have cruised around on Super lights, Fuels, and Blurs etc.....while I don't have that much experience with single pivots, VPP's...It seems to me that the FSR design tracked and performed better than the others...but I am experience biased on this obviously. What I've heard about mostly is brake jack when descending. What am I giving up (other than the obvious weight) by leaving FSR and going to YETI... Anyone here race an ASR-SL??

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
Tbonius said:
What am I giving up (other than the obvious weight) by leaving FSR and going to YETI... Anyone here race an ASR-SL??
You will give up nothing. Just try it out. It handles a bit differently then FSR style rear, but it is no less efficient, and many people, me included actually prefer that handling. It is very stiff for such a lightweight frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.