Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
They're hopefully the start of something awesome. Clear Creek seems to have a better view on mtb than JeffCo, although much more limited on resources. The 'Area 28' master plan had a lot of promise if I recall.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Mountain Biking Floyd Hill | Great Things Come in Small Packages

The trails that are currently in are nice, but short. The new downhill "flow" trails look like they sweet. Not yet officially open though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Opens in 1 hr 15 minutes..

·
Light freak
3,022 Posts
Rode it last night

Went to the grand opening and rode the new trail at Floyd Hill last night, what a hoot! Had been up there one other time for a night ride so it was nice to see the trail and surroundings in the daylight. This trail has some really cool features on it. Going to have to go back up and hit without having to worry about this old guy holding others up. Definitely get off your bike at the top and have a walk around. You will be surprised at all the alternate lines.

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this one. Add another "bike only" trail to the Front Range. Slowly but surely we are being recognized :thumbsup:

https://www.relive.cc/view/e1380199058

RIDE BIKES!!

·
old skool newbie
857 Posts
goldenboy -here is a map of the area also. Notice the blue arrow showing a connector to Jeffco Open Space. Centennial Cone?

View attachment 1273695

Yep, that there's JeffCo land on both sides of the creek. That'd make for an easy connector for JCOS.

Any alternative to riding up highway 40 from highway 6 in Clear Creek County would be great.

How's construction of the paved path from Golden up Clear Creek coming along?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Finally got a chance to hit it this weekend. What struck me after I left was the fact that for the first time ever, the parking lot was slammed (before that opened it's usually been just me, or 1-2 other cars total) but because 95% of people were going down the DH trail - I think I only came across 5-6 people in 2 laps.

Secondly, the front ranged needed a trail like that. We could definitely use more, but what a breath of fresh air. The number of alt lines is great and you could easily work on your skill progression as well. It's getting a ton of use and the contractor crews were out over the weekend doing some warranty work, so I'm hoping the powers that be pay attention and we start to see more of that. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went 3 TIMES IN A ROW over labor day weekend, What???? Haha but seriously I've never been to one trail that many times in a week.

I rode the full loop clockwise to the downhill course twice, and I also went clockwise to the upperloop and then went counterclockwise on the upper loop for a shorter trip to the downhill. Going counter on the upper loop is alot steeper, but will save a decent amount of time if needed. I have not descended on the loop yet as I have always taken the downhill route, but it looks like it would be a blast as well.

There are so many alternate lines on the downhill, and it plasters a smile on your face right from the start. The top is mainly techy/chunky and then you encounter the jumps closer to the bottom. It is SUPER DRY and loose right now, definitely need some rain badly.

One of the best things is the absence of hikers, and the majority of bikers all going the same way. I only saw a handful of people each day on the trail, even though the parking lot was going into overflow.

This is hands down the best trail 30-40 mins from Denver, due to the overall experience.

What are you waiting for, shred it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.