Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a older Talas (03 maybe) with 80-125mm

How much better are the newer Talas (not the 06 TT stuff) but the Talas with 85-130mm.

Is any new technology worth upgrading for? Do you notice the slight increase of travel? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Ive noticed a difference..

KamikazeBikr said:

How much better are the newer Talas (not the 06 TT stuff) but the Talas with 85-130mm.

Is any new technology worth upgrading for? Do you notice the slight increase of travel? Thanks guys!!
in the damping of my 03 and 05' talas's. The 05' damper is more responsive to changes in rebound and especially compression. There is a bit of an increase with the 05' over the 03' but its the damping ive noticed most.

Sorry i cant speak to the costly 06' TT

·
Registered
12,490 Posts
KamikazeBikr said:

Have you considered just having the '03 PUSHed? Totally rebuilt insides (probably needs it anyway) but now with custom valving, stable platform which can be turned off or on, and much better damping characteristics than even the '06 TALAS.... $200. Compare that to $699 for a new TALAS and it's an easy choice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KRob said:
Have you considered just having the '03 PUSHed? Totally rebuilt insides (probably needs it anyway) but now with custom valving, stable platform which can be turned off or on, and much better damping characteristics than even the '06 TALAS.... $200. Compare that to $699 for a new TALAS and it's an easy choice.

so I decided to get my 03 Talas PUSHed!! Sent it away today :D

What will I notice most right away when I get it back?? Also after getting PUSHed, does the weight change? By they way I went all out and got the RLC upgrade!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Good for you.

It is my understanding that you will notice a couple of changes, depending on your setup needs determined by you and PUSH. It will handle fast, big hits better, and it will ride higher under braking. It will also have a "pedalling platform" type of feel to it, that can be externally adjusted in your case.

I have never ridden one, as I am a Lefty TPC rider, but I will at some point. Let us know how it goes.

What were your setup needs? What questions did PUSH have for you prior to shipping?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damion said:
It is my understanding that you will notice a couple of changes, depending on your setup needs determined by you and PUSH. It will handle fast, big hits better, and it will ride higher under braking. It will also have a "pedalling platform" type of feel to it, that can be externally adjusted in your case.

I have never ridden one, as I am a Lefty TPC rider, but I will at some point. Let us know how it goes.

What were your setup needs? What questions did PUSH have for you prior to shipping?

They asked for my BIKE and WEIGHT w/ gear. They have a box for additional comments. Really straight forward and easy. Now my Tracer is lonely without a fork :(

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Not for long.

KamikazeBikr said:
They asked for my BIKE and WEIGHT w/ gear. They have a box for additional comments. Really straight forward and easy. Now my Tracer is lonely without a fork :(

Darren and Jimi will have your fork back in no time.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
KamikazeBikr said:
so I decided to get my 03 Talas PUSHed!! Sent it away today :D

What will I notice most right away when I get it back??
Good move. You're gonna like it. You really can't beat the cost. It's several hundred cheaper than a new fork and performance that can't be beat.

I thought my stock TALAS was crap before getting it PUSH'ed. It would dive and wallow. I only had the R version also so there was no slow speed compression damping to adjust either. Afterward, the dive and wallow are gone even without the platform. It has the compression adjust so you can fine tune. The platform offers a nice firm ride when you want hammer. And when you don't, just flip it off and it's buttery smooth. Overall the fork rides much more controlled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts