Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to both sites and am curious what Push does that Fox doesn't do to a TALAS (I understand they do more complex things to FLOATs). Price difference is pretty dramatic and I have always been happy with the way the fork performed so I am curious what is improved upon by PUSH.

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
FrontRanger said:
Been to both sites and am curious what Push does that Fox doesn't do to a TALAS (I understand they do more complex things to FLOATs). Price difference is pretty dramatic and I have always been happy with the way the fork performed so I am curious what is improved upon by PUSH.
Do you mean during plain service or when the fork is "PUSHED"?

_MK

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
Factory Rebuild or Factory Fork System.......I would say go with the Factory Fork System from PUSH Industries. I have never had my fork done but had the Factory System Tune on my Float AVA. As a result of that it basically made that shock act like a RP3. I actually had to send it back for some tweaking and they did that for the cost of shipping.....I don't think you will get that kind of service from Fox. IMO, if it's not a warranty issue then go with PUSH.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
FrontRanger said:
My TALAS fork came back from Push today and I just reinstalled it this evening. I believe that Push uses a better fork seal. Beyond that, I think that the difference is primarily not what work gets done but who does the work and how it gets done.

Push called me after they had the fork for 4 days to say that they were waiting on parts for the RL to RLC conversion, so that I could decide whether to cancel the conversion and just have them repair and rebuild the fork. I decided to wait, and they did the work a week later.

You are also notified by Push when they receive the fork, when they ship the fork and charge your account. In other words, their service is first-class.

The local bike shop recommended that I have my fork repaired at Push. The bike shop was willing to repair the fork or send the fork to Fox, but recommended Push over their own services, primarily because if they found broken parts they would have a long wait from Fox. (They are a very good shop and have plenty of business!)

Dave

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
I think one of the biggest upgrades PUSH does is tighten up the bushings. If your bushings are loose, Fox will consider this a "feature" and consider it normal. Then when your seals wear out excessively, you'll just buy more or have it serviced again.

But in addition, PUSH installs a new custom high flow piston with a separate high speed rebound damping circuit. This allows you to crank up the rebound damping as high as you need it to not bet bucked off the bike on bigger hits, but still remain free to absorb small high speed chatter. They also replace the lockout with a far more useful platform valving that adds a threshold that breaks away nicely on the trail. And unlike Mantiou SPV, you can just flip the lever to turn off the platform tuning for full buttery plush mode. Add in other custom shim tuning, custom fit wiper seals, wider compression adjustment, and the PUSH stickers, it's well worth the extra cash.

I should point out that if you have a 05 or later TALAS R, you're out of luck on the good tuning options. Apparently they can get parts for these to convert. And definitely have them overhaul the TALAS cartridge while they have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.