Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Fox Talas (32mm version) seems to have lost its ability to adjust on-the-fly. I can get it to adjust down no problem, but just on my last ride I noticed once I dialed it back up, the the fork would pretty much stay in 90mm mode until I physically pushed the fork's arch down while holding the front wheel off the ground. I believe it was working fine until just recently.

Any ideas on what has happened??

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
The TALAS cartridge may be getting sticky and needs to be rebuilt. You might try a few drops of oil underneath the schrader valve. If that doesn't help, it will probably need factory service.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I noticed the very same problem on my new Fox Talas RL . The only differnce is that the fork is new (2-3hours ride). Does the TALAS cartridge needs some break-in? Again, going from full travel to 90mm no problem, but the fork won't not return to full travel. Better to log some miles or send it for a warranty replacement? thanks.
fab

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homebrew said:
The TALAS cartridge may be getting sticky and needs to be rebuilt. You might try a few drops of oil underneath the schrader valve. If that doesn't help, it will probably need factory service.
How do you get underneath the schrader valve?

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
Try this

Ausable said:
I noticed the very same problem on my new Fox Talas RL . The only differnce is that the fork is new (2-3hours ride). Does the TALAS cartridge needs some break-in? Again, going from full travel to 90mm no problem, but the fork won't not return to full travel. Better to log some miles or send it for a warranty replacement? thanks.
fab
Try letting all the air out on the main air chamber. Then stoke the fork from bottom to top (entire range of travel) several and repeated times. Then pump the air back to your setting. See if your TALAS works like it is supoose to after that.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've tried the Singletrackhound method, and noticed a slight improvement . Only the last 10-20mm or so are not showing uless I pull them out. Will update after a few more miles.

thanks - fab

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.