Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone could suggest which one is better to buy? Heard about some troubles with TALAS 2 which stuck to 100 with knob set to 140. Anyone met them?

Problem is that there is no FOX service in my country at all and most of forks I've (F100RLC,RL,X, some RS) I've to service myself (not an issue when you've straight hands and manuals from manufacturer ;)).

But the problem is that TALAS II require crappy tool called IFP and air assembly service procedure quite complicated. From this POV TALAS III is preferable - quite easy service, even with full TALAS disassembly. But those TALAS 3 more expensive and another problem is that it's very difficult to find them - guys who bring them in Ukraine told me that there are not options I need even in European stores (QR9 and 100-120-140 TALAS 3).

So I'm either waiting until new TALAS 3 appear in Europe or forget it, buy available TALAS 2 and ride it?

·
Go back to school
648 Posts
After working on my buddies Talas II I would say get a Talas III. Much easier to work on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
talas 3 100%. I have had no issues with talas 3 and have seen a few of the talas 2s fail and are quite complicated to get working right. talas 3 seems a lot more reliable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of all because it's almost the same situation with RS :( Those Air U-Turn are passing by our market too and in general TALAS way simpler to control - 3 position instead of massive clicks.
And secondly because it's a FOX! :) Few riders tried FOX-es on my bikes after top Reba/SID and cried that bought RS :)

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
whatever makes you happy i guess. i was thrilled to ditch my talas II. worst fork ive owned!

the revisions to III are supposed to make it work better.. mine was very very saggy, used tons of travel no matter what.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I had a Talas II and it was replaced with a Talas III. The difference is night and day. Go with the Talas III all the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts