Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i'm hesitating between the TALAS 36 and the FLOAT 36 (both 2007 models). i had a test ride in the past on the TALAS 36 of 2005 and didn't like its small bumps sensitivity. i understand Fox has improved it somehow on 2007 but i wonder wheather it can be compared to the plushnes feeling of the FLOAT. The problem is i'm not sure about using a 6.3 fixed travel fork on my Enduro (2006) cause i also like steep technical climbs. does anyone has experience with both? and another question, is it worthwhile getting the RC2 model or is the R good enough? personally i don't believe i'll use the compression adjustments after the initial setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Haven't ridden the Float but do have an 07 TALAS RC2 after switching from on 05 TALAS R. The two forks are night and day on how they feel and handle small bumps and larger ones. With the new 3 position TALAS adjust it makes it so much easier to lower down on the climbs, that in itself made it worth the change to the 07 but then add in the much better small bump and also not blowing through the travel like crazy made it one of the best upgrades I have done.

I use the travel adjust alot on my Enduro as the taller fork does make the front pretty light when climbing and it just makes it so much easier to drop it down to 130 or 100 for those really steep climbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I prefer the Float 36. Have an Enduro which came with the 05 Talas 36 and had the Talas cartridge changed out for the 07 Float air shaft assy. I find it still climbs ok on steep climbs. The Float fork is heaps plusher and more progressive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Digga said:
I prefer the Float 36. Have an Enduro which came with the 05 Talas 36 and had the Talas cartridge changed out for the 07 Float air shaft assy. I find it still climbs ok on steep climbs. The Float fork is heaps plusher and more progressive.
The quesion is how does it compared to the 2007 TALAS. The new 2007 models are also taller (A2C) than yours it'll make the HA even slacker.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Digga said:
I've heard that several times, but how is the Float plusher and more progressive at the same time? (seems contradictory)
Maybe the '07 36 bottom-out circuit in combination with the larger-volume air chamber?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fsrxc said:
I've heard that several times, but how is the Float plusher and more progressive at the same time? (seems contradictory)
Maybe the '07 36 bottom-out circuit in combination with the larger-volume air chamber?
I'm not sure you are right cause i think that the plushness feeling depends mostly on the ~first half of the travel which can be very linear while the ~second half might be responsible for the progressiveness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts