Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
I don't know of any for the 36 in particular (maybe lizards skins? )...but why would you want to put boots on them, personally I think only help to accumulate dirt and humidity..... the dust seals should keep the dirt out...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
There is a reason that no MTB or moto forks, and no MTB, moto, auto, truck, tractor, etc shocks ues a 'boot' any more.

1 They capture moisture and grit and put it in close proximity to the shanchions
2 current seal tech is VERY good (well, Fox = so-so at best) and they keep out the bad stuff.

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
oceanfissure said:
Does anybody know if there are any fork boot options for Fox 36 stanchions? Thanks
If you find something, let us know. I've looked in the past, but haven't found anything suitable for any modern bicycle fork.

One of my current dirt bikes (motorcycle) has fork boots, and I've had a lot in the past that had boots. I never thought the boots were a problem and I rarely had leaking seals. There are small holes in the bottom of the boot to let water and dust out. I've ridden through some creeks where the water is almost to my seat and it's no problem. :D

In my opinion the reason that fork boots are out of style is that they look kinda dumb and they add weight to the bike.

The lizard skin protectors aren't so great, they just grind any dirt into the stanchions. But they aren't really fork boots, more like protective covers. Some of the motorcycle trials guys run something like that because they are laying the bike over in the rocks all the time and some padding on the stancions is a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.