Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made it up to Sedona on Saturday for a sweet ride on Highline trail. It was the first time for all of us and we could not have asked for better trail conditions or better weather. Definitely a trail that is worth the drive! Here is a short video from the ride.

I know there are other videos/pictures from the ride. Hopefully those will make it up here too!

·
Bloodied but Unbowed
1,498 Posts
Nice video and awesome looking trail.

The exposure gets one's attention.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
theGreenEGg said:
We made it up to Sedona on Saturday for a sweet ride on Highline trail. It was the first time for all of us and we could not have asked for better trail conditions or better weather. Definitely a trail that is worth the drive! Here is a short video from the ride.

I know there are other videos/pictures from the ride. Hopefully those will make it up here too!

G:

Nice video. Good to see you enjoyed the ride, that is my number one Sedona loop pick. The Baldwin downhill section at the end of Highline is also pretty fun, and the climb up Templeton from the creek is one of Sedona's best world class uphills. If anyone can clean that section of uphill twice in 20 minutes I will give them $20 :thumbsup: .

TD

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,331 Posts
Always climbed out of Baldwin, definitely need to try it on the down.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
I rode HL yesterday, what a beautiful trail. It's a great XC rip. I do have one request though for those Sedona trail gnomes, please, please, please cut back the brush on your trails at least another foot on either side. The whole ride I felt like I was being molested by the plant life. I had cuts, scrapes, and small punctures all over my arms and legs. Every time I could pick up some speed and pop a natural double I found myself hitting my head on a low overhanging branch or if there was a corner that could be leaned into and carved brush would grab a hold of my arms and say no ya don't. I really felt this took away from the riding experience but overall it's a fantastic trail, just needs a trim job.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
traildoc said:
G:

Nice video. Good to see you enjoyed the ride, that is my number one Sedona loop pick. The Baldwin downhill section at the end of Highline is also pretty fun, and the climb up Templeton from the creek is one of Sedona's best world class uphills. If anyone can clean that section of uphill twice in 20 minutes I will give them $20 :thumbsup: .

TD
The Baldwin downhill section is sweet! And that climb out from the creek is brutal but it was in good shape this weekend. Its obvious how much work you guys do out there and its appreciated!

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
raisingarizona said:
I rode HL yesterday, what a beautiful trail. It's a great XC rip. I do have one request though for those Sedona trail gnomes, please, please, please cut back the brush on your trails at least another foot on either side. The whole ride I felt like I was being molested by the plant life. I had cuts, scrapes, and small punctures all over my arms and legs. Every time I could pick up some speed and pop a natural double I found myself hitting my head on a low overhanging branch or if there was a corner that could be leaned into and carved brush would grab a hold of my arms and say no ya don't. I really felt this took away from the riding experience but overall it's a fantastic trail, just needs a trim job.
ra:

Since you are aquainted with the spots that need trimming maybe you could help with the project. Some people consider that to be environmental damage since the vegetation might be on a social trail. I wonder what the equestrains think about the overhead stuff?

I did cut out a huge very healthy cats claw the other day that was so nasty it actualy ripped your gear and non-protected skin as you rode by. When I cut out the 20 or so branches they stuck to me, and I could barely pull them off me w/o it being very painfull.

TD

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
raisingarizona said:
....just needs a trim job.
"I find it offensive. Au naturale baby, that's how I like 'em. Swing low sweet chariots."
- Creed Bratton (from The Office)

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
mckshred said:
great ride guys - here's the GPS Info:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/71692686
ms:

I did an overlay of your track on my Sedona Trail Map and it looks like you went a different route for the beginning of your Highline ride. How does that first section flow? It actually looks like you guys went south for awhile then turned back. I have hiked that section, but never tried to ride it.

TD

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts