Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have break from college from middle may until early June.

I would like to take a few day road trip (maybe a week) around Texas to hit some good trails.

Currently I reside in San Marcos, TX so any input on where to go and what route to take?

Thanks.

Trip could be outside of Texas too

·
Registered
357 Posts
Head up to Austin first to hit City Park and Walnut or maybe Brushy Creek. After that head up to Waco and hit up Cameron Park. After that head up to Palo Duro Canyon State park and spend the rest of your trip there. Give yourself a full day to drive back as it's in the panhandle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna go to City Park this weekend and check it out since I mainly go to Barton; that is if it doesnt rain like always.

Next weekend Ill hit up Walnut since I've never been.

Palo Duro looks amazing, I just hope it's not too hot during the May-June times.

Edit: I have an Airborne Guardian bike just for a heads up

·
Registered
717 Posts
My wife has a Guardian. We just spent our honey moon mountain biking. We went to san angelo state park, then buck creek in Abilene, then caprock canyon, then palo duro. If you decide to go to palo duro stop at san angelo state park, miles of trail out there pretty peaceful, not very challenging and lots of trails. Palo Duro was just freaking awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts