Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
yeah, and then with the breakaway today it's great. I wish we had an american to root for. Maybe Cadel Evans is my man this year being an ex mountain bike worls champ. The take back the tour ads make me sick though.

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
I'm struggling through it

slide mon said:
OK, anyone else see Valverde's sprint at the end of stage one? I'm back in. I really hope I don't get burned again this year.

-slide
I am definitely reading the headlines each morning and have watched bits and pieces because I still am Tivo'ing it, however, in years past I've taken days off work to watch the pivotal stages, and I definitely am not doing that this year. Contador/Leipheimer and Astana being left out of the race is absolutely weak. No matter who wins this year, there will always be "what if," and that sucks...

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
EricN said:
I'd like to see Cadel take it, or at least podium. He's definately due for a result.
Cadel doesn't deserve the tour, the tour winner should be someone who attacks and takes charge of the race, not some passionless guy who just hangs on and outlasts everyone else.

Being due doesn't mean ****, you have to take the tour to win it.

george

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
george_da_trog said:
Cadel doesn't deserve the tour, the tour winner should be someone who attacks and takes charge of the race, not some passionless guy who just hangs on and outlasts everyone else.

Being due doesn't mean ****, you have to take the tour to win it.

george
very true. that's why the tour sucks ass this year. there is no one to root for. My wife chose Valverde. I need someone else.

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Those Take Back the tour ads are horrible. Instead of putting the doping history behind them, they keep dredging back up.

And why pick those riders in the ad, there are many many many many more. Including ones riding the tour now.

It's a joke.

george

G

·
i say every racer who wants to do three lines of pure hell's angel style meth before every stage ought to be allowed to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.