Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a compact tool to remove non-QR wheels that I could add to my kid's saddlebag? I believe the nut that holds the wheels is a 16mm on the kids' bikes. Compact is preferred since her saddlebag is smaller. I carry a multi-tool at all times so this just needs to remove those 16mm nuts.

Thanks in advance,
WC

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
There's also the Surly Jethro Tool and a few other similar things out there. Most have some sort of bottle opener on them, so not exactly a great tool for a kids bike, but it does work well.
Jethro Tule | Parts | Surly Bikes

The stubby is a good idea too, that's what I carry in my singlespeed's saddle pack, it's just a little harsher on the hand if things are really tight than the Surly tool.

·
Can Tree Member
847 Posts
I'm with Sasquatch's brother. I took an old crap-ass 15mm wrench that had found its way into my toolbox long before, cut it in half cleaned up the cuts with a grinder. Got two wrenches out of a few minutes of work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.