Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, reconsider bringing your brand new slick looking girlfriend or boyfriend with their brand new way too tight shorts and too small bike. They'll block the trail every fifty feet to wipe the mud off their legs and pull at their crotch pad. I can promise that woe-is-me-look they give the people trying to get around them is going to be turned into (unfair) imbelishment by the late evening camp fire gigglers.

So long as your personal Newbie has a good concept of the sport, doesn't mind getting dirty and has a decent bike to ride, it will change your whole perspective of MTB. I sure do like that goofy grin they (we) get.
:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
So I took myself........

First time on the trails, as I posted in thread below. Did Mouse and Thompson on Thursday 7/29. Many families from Florida there, with kids 8-12 y.o. on dept. store bikes...hope they got out to Rt. loop minor on Fri., or Lemmon br. trail.....but it might have been tough out on the main trails...but who knows? Actually saw some obviously experienced mtn-bike families where all parties were blasting along just fine. Ran into nice folks from Knoxville and Bloomington, Ind. Huge thunderstorm in middle of rides totally negaited need for bike wash station....great cool-down as well. Training camp director from NOC with group of n-b's was riding up Mouse CCW....and they noticed my fatigue as I reached the downhill to get back to the trailhead. I asked how far to the parking lot, and they said "5 miles", but I had already done 7 miles CW, so I slipped into big ring and bid them farewell. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts