Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot the date , could be saturday 22 or sunday 23 .

Bikers :

Don`t worry about the mud ,places, distances, speed , time, etc. etc.

TAKE A FREEDOM DAY FOR YOU.

Come to Puebla, and enjoy the life riding in our , surroundings with clean air , high altitude and attitude , good food .

What do you want ?

Long distance ? 40 kms. ? 60 kms. ? more ?
Easy ride ? 20 kms. ?
Hard climbing ?
Technical ?
Chicken way ?

We can do that , Cholula -Atlimeyaya .
Atlixco - Ahuehuetes-Tepeojuma .
Tepeojuma -Ahuehuetes -Epatlàn .
Zapo y Tecajete .
El Conejo .
This rides are between 25 and 60 kms.

You can leave from DF at 7:00 hrs. (Tapo -Central de Norte or Taxqueña ) and arrive in Puebla at 9:00 and then we go to ride .

10:00 -13:00 ride
13:00 - 15:00 lunch
16:00 - 17:00 return to Puebla
17:00 - 19:00 trip to your beatiful city ......

And remenber guys , I pay the bus tickets for all of you.

What do you say ? Warp, Vizcaìno, Rocky Renè, Rivas, Rzozaya, and all of you .

the last biker.

·
karmacoma
635 Posts
crap... Im out on a trip that weekend. how bout the next one after that? could give the defectuosos a bit more time to plan things.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would go, I don't have probles either weekend, lets se what the gang has to say! 29 -30 would be best I think as I still have to sort things out with the Flux!

El Rivas

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm up for this ride either this or the next weekend.....but why don´t we do it "en caliente"... i don´t think we need that much planning. I mean, it is the same thing to meet at a metro to go for a ride in Ajusco or to meet at Bus terminal to ride in Puebla.. isn´t it??

Anyways, let´s see what the crowd has to say.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Antonio :
Having 5 days for finish the Flux , I don`t see any problem.

SOME COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR PENDING THINGS......

- Cutting and replacing the standard Hope lines for the braided ones.
- Centering the calipers and bleeding the system.

IF YOU HAVE THE COMPLETE BRAKES (BLEEDING IN FACTORY ) INSTALL AS USUAL , AFTER THE BRAKES GET SOME WORK (BREAKIN) CHANGE YOUR LINES.

- Dialing derrailleurs, cutting the chain and giving the correct torque to all components.
TWO HOURS , MAXIMUN.

- Setting shock pressure.
C'MON , TWO MINUTES BEFORE RIDING

the last biker

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ritopc said:
I'm up for this ride either this or the next weekend.....but why don´t we do it "en caliente"... i don´t think we need that much planning. I mean, it is the same thing to meet at a metro to go for a ride in Ajusco or to meet at Bus terminal to ride in Puebla.. isn´t it??

Anyways, let´s see what the crowd has to say.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ritopc :
This voice I like it or I like it this voice.... (esa voz me agrada) , you are the first , who is the next ?
Vizcaìno , I can`t hear you

the last biker

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
the last biker said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ritopc :
This voice I like it or I like it this voice.... (esa voz me agrada) , you are the first , who is the next ?
Vizcaìno , I can`t hear you

the last biker
Naah... let's do the ciclopista and have some beer and cacahuates to finish the ride!!!!

I think we can do it this weekend, we just need to sort things fast.

Who's intrested in coming?

Also, I think we should meet at 7:45 or so at a bus station (personally, I'd prefer Tacubaya, but I think we should adapt to which is closer to the guys that don't have a car, except Tapo, sorry to be discriminating, but I don't feel safe leaving my car there). The 7:45 meeting time is because the Metro stations open around 7:00am, and they have to get to the station.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
I'm in for this weekend. I have a trip planned for end of the month and my wifey's b-day is on the 28th... I prefer this weekend.

If we move it to 7:30 at Central del Norte (closer to me and Rocky_Rene) it would be perfect, but I'm open for other choice. Taxquena would be fine too, I'm just afraid I would be too far from there and we may leave later.

All in all, I'm totally in for a good Puebla ride this weekend!!

I'm not letting this one go, Last Biker!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi, thanks for the advice, the problem with the brakes lies in that the factoy lines are just too long! like really very loooooong! I tried fixing them as they were but I think one has at least 30 - 35 cm more length that can be acomodated.... (maybe is that the frame is small?) the other one has about 20 - 25 cm more than needed. In both cases the lines were fixed with a more than generous slack; so, as much as I tried to follow this recomendation (the manual also recommends this) I just don't see me riding with 2 loops on the brake lines... With my grace and ability I would probably get snaged at the parking lot...
Anyway Flux or no Flux count me in!

El Rivas

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
For me:

1st choice would be Tacubaya, I think it wasn´t an option though :D :confused:
2nd choice -Taxqueña
3 choice - Norte o Tapo; actually ii is the same for me.

As for the schedule, define a time and i´ll be there.

We are talking about Sunday, right?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
So Taxqueña or Estacion del Norte is fine by me.
It's on sunday, let's put in a time to be there.
OK... So Central del Norte it will be.

I think I can hit it 7:30, maybe earlier. I'll let you know, but let's make it 7:30 as of now.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Warp said:

I think I can hit it 7:30, maybe earlier. I'll let you know, but let's make it 7:30 as of now.
Let's put 7:30 then, what does everybody say? Also, I suggest the 20+ trail. I wouldn't mind doing the Popobike circuit, specially if we're intending to race it. I don't see us training much on the trail later on.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Warp said:

I have some concerns about Central Norte, and dunno if it is shared by Rzozaya and others coming in cars. Is there a safe paking lot at the Station or near to it? Two of my friends are bringing brand new flashy cars (and for that matter Rzozaya´s is kinda flashy too). These could be tempting targets to bad intended people if the don't parked them in a safe place. Is my perception, and I might be wrong, that Taxqueña is a "safer" place. This time we are leaving cars behind, so we probably should think on the place also in terms of the people bringing cars.

Just an opinion, let me know what you think.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
ritopc said:
I have some concerns about Central Norte, and dunno if it is shared by Rzozaya and others coming in cars. Is there a safe paking lot at the Station or near to it? Two of my friends are bringing brand new flashy cars (and for that matter Rzozaya´s is kinda flashy too). These could be tempting targets to bad intended people if the don't parked them in a safe place. Is my perception, and I might be wrong, that Taxqueña is a "safer" place. This time we are leaving cars behind, so we probably should think on the place also in terms of the people bringing cars.

Just an opinion, let me know what you think.
OK... But we'll take some time to hit Taxqueña from El Rosario. It's a long way and we have to switch lines at Tacuba.

We'll hit there as early as possible.... but I see 7:30 to be unrealistic.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Warp said:
OK... But we'll take some time to hit Taxqueña from El Rosario. It's a long way and we have to switch lines at Tacuba.

We'll hit there as early as possible.... but I see 7:30 to be unrealistic.
Of course I am well aware of that; that´s pretty reasonable.

Just one thing, I wasn´t discarding completely Central Norte, I was just giving my opinion for consideration. As I said in the previous post, I could be wrong on my safety´s concerns on Central del Norte. If the place is safe, I have no problems meeting there.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
ritopc said:
Of course I am well aware of that; that´s pretty reasonable.

Just one thing, I wasn´t discarding completely Central Norte, I was just giving my opinion for consideration. As I said in the previous post, I could be wrong on my safety´s concerns on Central del Norte. If the place is safe, I have no problems meeting there.
I don't know the aswer to be honest. I'm relatively a foreigner in this city.
Let me ask around.

But whatever give you guys more confidence is fine to me. I understand your fears, of course. I'd feel pretty much the same.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Warp said:
I don't know the aswer to be honest. I'm relatively a foreigner in this city.
Let me ask around.

But whatever give you guys more confidence is fine to me. I understand your fears, of course. I'd feel pretty much the same.
I don't really know about Taxqueña, since it's been a long time since I've been there. But probably there is nearby place to leave the car and ride over there, I think. Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts