·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised I haven't seen more of these posted:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I'm not, at least not for the price he's asking for them. You'd think they were still being built in a little one man shop by Jeff himself for the price he wants. :eek:ut:
Enel said:
I'm surprised I haven't seen more of these posted:

·
Registered
833 Posts
so close...

I was so close to pulling a trigger on one, but I just couldn't be swayed to rebuild 2 nearly new front wheels....

How's the ride??

·
widebody
197 Posts
How does she ride compared to the Stickel? I was kinda sorta looking at one before I got my ByStickel.....Very Nice indeed, I like the Black themes. Later dude, and enjoy her.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ssumo said:
How does she ride compared to the Stickel? I was kinda sorta looking at one before I got my ByStickel.....Very Nice indeed, I like the Black themes. Later dude, and enjoy her.
Stickel is springier and noodlier, especially with the carbon fork.

Stickel is slightly nimbler and wheelies better due to 1/2 inch shorter stays.

Wheel base on the bikes is nearly identical ~42" or so, the Stickel just puts the BB 1/2" further back between the axles.

This bike feels much stiffer/deader on impact, but the front end is incredibly confidence inspiring. Almost no detectable for-aft flex. It is burly for sure.

It feels and handles a lot like my beloved Simon Bar except with a properly stiff fork, and without the ping of Aluminum.

There is nothing I dislike about it, but if I went custom would shorten the rear 1/2" and lengthen the front center 1/2"

For the price of this frame I don't think you can go wrong if you are a committed rigid rider.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Looks gorgeous, tai or ti. Nice one, you're drinking deep

I've realised in my ~3 months of being rigid that stiffer is better. The opposite of what I thought before acquisition

·
Registered
883 Posts
Enel, nice, what rims are you using?
Also, what some are missing is the fact that the frames come w/ a fork. Diamond and Spaceframe. rich

·
Registered
68 Posts
LyNx said:
I'm not, at least not for the price he's asking for them. You'd think they were still being built in a little one man shop by Jeff himself for the price he wants. :eek:ut:
Dont you ride a paradox? Those are 600$ and the Jones are 750 for frame and fork and bushnell bb. Doesn't get spendy until you add a truss fork then it is 1100.

1 - 20 of 1028 Posts