Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to decide between these two races on September 6th. I hear the TS100 is mostly fire roads, but probably in a really scenic area. And the the Sonoma Sol Six is a 5 mile course, and will probably be really dry and hot. But it is only an hour from my parents house (and grandma and grandpa always like to see their grandkid) and doesn't require an entire weekend away from the wife and kid. Whereas the Tahoe Sierra 100 is like 4 hours from SF and would require taking Friday off work. Also, the SSS is $85 less the TS100.

Thoughts?

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
Matt, I love both of those courses. You should come up and do one of the Lake Sonoma XC (bikemonkey) races to check out how brutal that course is. I am doing the TS 100, but I wish I could do both. The July XC race is going to showcase a little different "talent" as the course will be completely different, and August, we're back to normal.
The SSS will be VERY difficult to do for 6 hours, I have a tough time with 4 laps.
Good luck.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tahoe-Sierra 100 team laps are 46 miles!!

We will post more after July 12th. Its been hard getting up ther with all the fires in the area. the team lap is 46 miles. Also the biggest endurance horse race the country is in a few weekends up that way so lot's of people out training the WS100 trail on there 4 legged ponys out end is ever better!!
Full course up in a few more weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.