Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TS100 is coming up in three weeks. I pre rode the last 35 miles with another racer last weekend. This is going to be a real mountain bikers race. These are some of the best, most remote, b****'n miles of technical single track in the state. I heard there are still a few open spots Feel free to post questions here about course details I've ridden all of it except for the new section in royal gorge. See a quick video of the section we prerode last weekend on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39hMk-p_CG8&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,726 Posts
Yep,, it's an awesome section of trail,, not for the faint of heart. Lets hope the temperatures on ride day are in the mild range. Those canyons can get pretty toasty.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Nice video Steve.....wetting the appetite for those who like their ST fully exposed and no room for error! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Swinging Bridge to Devils Thumb will happen late in the race. I would guess it to be in the last 20 miles. It took me 43 min. to push up 1.2 miles!!! Im putting my triple back on and slowing down early. The decent from Last Chance to the Swinging Bridge will keep you on the edge (or way off the back) of your seat. El Dorado is a rail with HIGH consequences for missing the line. If you go off people may never know! The trail is clear of snow and trees (thanks Jimmy) but has lots of flat danger due to exposed rock from runoff and sticks/twigs, etc. in areas. The heat was kickin my butt although it was mild by comparison. For me this will be an individual race borrowing from the other WS events: To finish is to win! (mostly because I saw how bad Gallo is gonna crush me...but I still have the secret weapon)

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,726 Posts
.... For me this will be an individual race borrowing from the other WS events: To finish is to win! ....)

Totaly agree with this. I did the Tevis twice on horseback and it really was a personal psychological and physiological challage that had to be overcome. It really is "to finish is to win" and you will have to dig really really deep.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks great. Is the finish in Foresthill where the GPS track ends ?? trying to work out where to park my car at the finish line.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would not want to push or ride a Nomad out of those canyons....Superfly.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Looks like a really fun section of trail. Would you happen to have a gps track from your ride for those of us not up for the 100 mile event :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tire suggestions

I'm coming down from Oregon for this bad boy and am wondering what tires you (folks with knowledge of the course) recommend for a tubeless FS 29er. Ikon EXO rear and front? Something beefier?

And does anyone know the % ST vs Dirt road?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,726 Posts
Obie- I'd go with the more comfortable bike. You'll be hiking some of the climbs on either bike.
Totaly agree,, some rocky stuff out there that will make you appriciate the suspension.

Anyone want to pre ride this section this weekend????

1 - 20 of 53 Posts