Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
GREAT PICS!!!

What trail is this?

I live in Sac but have never been riding in Tahoe. I'm a fairly experienced newbie and I just got my GF started on the MTB. If you dont mind my asking, whats a decent tahoe trail thats a good workout, good scenery, but not alot of technical stuff... I love the roxky stuff but my GF hates it... we're working on that.

Thanks
C

·
Registered
510 Posts
memine said:
Since Keith is getting married, we decided that a bunch of fantastic Tahoe rides with his buddies were order. This is my idea of quality bachelor party debauchery:
Yep,
Looks like a great time, and I know you guy's had fun with the stripper behind that rock!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tahoe Riding Rules

cdloental78 said:
GREAT PICS!!!

What trail is this?
Most of what we rode (and what is depicted in these pictures) is the Tahoe Rim Trail. We also rode Mr. Toads, Western States and a few others. If you want a less technical, beautiful ride, check out the Flume Trail.

I am just the opposite... I am looking for the rockiest stuff I can find :-D

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Satr Lake...

That looks like "The Punisher!" ride from heavanley to mr toads. That is Star Lake below Freel Pass.......OooooooHHHH Awwwwwww....That is one of my favorite all time rides!

Might have to do that this Sunday!

You guys looked like you were still having fun when we saw you on Sunday. Nice Gash! I fell off the log too! on Missing Link....did not have enough speed or momentum getting up on the second log....rolled into a very thorny bush. Ouch!

We put in close to 30 miles (thanx to Nalgene water filters!). It was hot by Tahoe standards....good thing we had ice cold beer waiting for us back at JFR's truck.

Any details on the Grouse Ridge Thingy in two weeks??????/

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gashes

bigboulder said:
You guys looked like you were still having fun when we saw you on Sunday. Nice Gash! I fell off the log too! on Missing Link....did not have enough speed or momentum getting up on the second log....rolled into a very thorny bush. Ouch!
Which log did you fall off? I tried the log that is at the first flat intersection on Missing Link (just before the climbing section). Not high at all, but kinda tricky. That is where I earned the nasty gash on my shin, as my front wheel went off one side and the rear wheel went off the other. However, I did clean both of the two big up-and-over logs things at the bottom of ML. My big victory, however, was cleaning every section of Mr. Toad's. Yooohoo!

Grouse Ridge is on! We'll probably convene at the lookout and start our rides from there. I'll have more details soon. There will be some sweet riding though!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I Fell

off the second "up and over" log near the bottom of ML

Congrats on clearing everything toads....I have yet to ride toads on an FS rig....this weekend may be the first time I get to try. A couple years back at the Tahoe Gathering I cleared all of toads on my hardtail...some of it by sheer accident or luck.

Are you going to be camping at grouse???

s

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Oh...I remember

the log bridge you are talking about....I did the exact same thing...only I was able to keep from falling somehow. Did you try and put your front wheel into the groove in the middle like I did....Thats a tough little bridge that I would like to clear next time

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup

bigboulder said:
Are you going to be camping at grouse???
Yup, even though I never can sleep when I camp :-( We'll have a good time, plus Pearl Izumi has promised us some swag :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Know that routine

bigboulder said:
Sleeping when I was camping.....then I discovered BEER!
Oh, I used to do that, except we called it passing out :) I was quite skilled at this technique, which is why I no longer drink :-/

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure

Jay Farman said:
So..is this section separate and south of the Mt. Rose to Tunnel Creek Road section?
I am unfamiliar with these reference points. The Rim Trail only heads one direction from Heavenly (towards Freel). We went that direction and ended at the bottom of Mr. Toad's (it was a shuttle ride).

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Jay Farman said:
So..is this section separate and south of the Mt. Rose to Tunnel Creek Road section?

Yes. This section begins on top of Kingsbury Grade at Heavenly Valley ski area. Look for the Stagecoach lift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts