Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like half this forum is going to be in Tahoe on the 22nd. Surely someone will want to go for a ride on the 23rd too!

I'll be in King's Beach on the 22nd and 23rd but can't make the epic or mere mortal rides. I've got a pass to sneak out for a buttcrackodawn ride on the 23rd. I haven't worked out all the details yet since it's only me so far, but considering

1) Brockway - Watson Lake - Midway bridge, with a shuttle or roadburn to/from King's Beach.

2) Something on the Flume Trail that doesn't involve a shuttle.

3) Something else that'll keep me occupied for 3-4 hours and let me get back to King's Beach mid-morning (10:30 at the latest.)

Anyone interested? Any info/beta/suggestions on those rides?

Should be a good ride for anyone on the mortal ride who's camping and wants to get back home early on Sunday. It'll be an early ride, probably at a moderate pace with few stops depending on how far we're riding.

thanks!
slide

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
Slide,

I am planning a ride for a small group of folks on the 23rd at Tahoe however I don't think we will be able to join you since we are driving up from the bay area that day. I doubt we will be up there until 10 AM or so. I originally was planning on doing HITG but it seems to still be under 3 feet of snow. An alternative ride could be the TRT from Brockway summit back to Tahoe City using the shuttle available from town there.

So the plan would be to hit Tahoe city and pick up the shuttle in town and ride the 18 mile or so ride on the TRT. Is this worth driving up for the day? We aren’t looking for an epic ride just about 20 miles or so. Your thoughts?

OD

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Old Dawg said:
Slide,

So the plan would be to hit Tahoe city and pick up the shuttle in town and ride the 18 mile or so ride on the TRT. Is this worth driving up for the day? We aren't looking for an epic ride just about 20 miles or so. Your thoughts?

OD
Thats a great ride! and worth coming up for, last couple miles are pretty rocky, but in a good way and ridable if you got the skills.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Dawg said:
An alternative ride could be the TRT from Brockway summit back to Tahoe City using the shuttle available from town there.

So the plan would be to hit Tahoe city and pick up the shuttle in town and ride the 18 mile or so ride on the TRT. Is this worth driving up for the day? We aren't looking for an epic ride just about 20 miles or so. Your thoughts?

OD
OD, that sounds just about perfect for what I'm thinking about, but I don't think I'll be able to work out the timing. Maybe, but doubtful. When the date gets closer I'll PM you if it looks like it might work out. BTW, Neil mentioned you were getting an intro to my backyard yesterday. Hope you had a good ride!

-slide

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
slide mon said:
BTW, Neil mentioned you were getting an intro to my backyard yesterday. Hope you had a good ride!

-slide
Yup, fun ride yesterday :thumbsup: . I have been to China camp quite a few times but never did the back side. Did Hitler, Quercus loop + some out and back "narrow" run out to a neighborhood. Did that and the front side loop. We had a friend of Neil's join us on a Rigid Giant "commuter" bike with slick road tires.....He was amazing riding that bike. Claimed ignorance since he doesn't ride much but wow he did just fine!

Made me feel dirty riding a full Squishy on the same trails with him.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
29erchico said:
How early? Since a lot of this ride is north facing, it might be kind of cold in the early AM.

29erchico
I committed to going early and suffering a bit of cold in the interest of preserving the family peace. I wouldn't expect anyone else to though. I'd like to be riding at 7 but could maybe start negotiations for a later start with the missus if there was something good in the works. BTW, I thought only skiers and climbers talked about "north facing" and "south facing" routes :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.