Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do still have the suspended tag along

According to the website the current model is 29er compatible.
Any chance your kids have outgrown yours yet? I'm defintiely on the market for a TT Streamliner.
Yes I do still have it and my son is on his own custom Uber v with 24 inch wheel mod. I am in no hurry to sell like the previous owner. I paid dearly for the tag along. The suspension works great and my son loves it. My brother in law may have interests so I will check with him first. If you have interests I plan to ask 400 for it. It sold new for about 600 if I remember correctly. Most didn’t want to fork out that much so they stopped production years ago. I searched for a couple years before I lucked up and found this one on the thread. I couldn’t have been more pleased. Worth every penny. When we have it out we always get questions of where did we get it...? A back and tail saver for my son!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
In a similar way, it took a bit of searching, a lot of luck, and serious convincing I was not a scammer when I found and bought our Adams Shocker via a Craigslist ad, 2000 miles from where we live.

I considered the effort worthwhile, but appreciate the results.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If you can find one, this is a pretty nice Tag A Long. The Adams Shocker.

Ours was primarily used behind the Ventana tandem, but it has seen use behind a single bike. Worked well in both applications and does really well on technical singletrack. Even tight corners were not too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Paul, FWIW, I think the Adams Shocker was recalled a number of years ago.
PRODUCT RECALL: Adams Trail-a-Bike | VeloNews.com
Pretty certain this recall was in regards to the hitch, not the actual bike. If you notice it affects many models. Ours has the latest and greatest hitch as the Shocker we purchased did not include the hitch.

Thanks, and I will research this more.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Just did some quick research about this recall. Pretty basic and simple. Seems the two bolts securing the hitch on some hitches were not protruding beyond the locking portion of the nut. Because of this they could come loose. The remedy is installing longer bolts for the hinge clamp, that secures the hitch to the front bikes seatpost.

If we ever use it again, or if I sell it, I will verify the bolts protrude several threads as per the recall. Since these type fasteners are utilized in aviation, and that is what I have done my entire life, pretty certain I would have noticed if the bolts were short.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Let me know when your granddaughter outgrows it. If I can't get my hands on a tout terrain Streamliner, I'll be very interested in your shocker in about a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me know when your granddaughter outgrows it. If I can't get my hands on a tout terrain Streamliner, I'll be very interested in your shocker in about a year.
Hi! new to the game of bike packing and now on the market for our daughter for a suspended tag along bike . is anyone here selling a second hand one? tout terrain streamliner ideal but open to other options ... thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
At some time I ran across a TAB with rear suspension for off-road use. I believe it was made in Germany. I can't seem to find any info on it. Does anyone have information on this bike?

Thanks for any help.
hi! did you find a streamliner ? i am looking for one now ... thanks for any tip on where to look! cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love my Tout-terrain Streamliner

We have the Tout-Terrrain Streamliner. The US importer is Peter Whyte Cycles. He doesn't list it on his website. We got our Singletrailer from him, not the greatest company to work with.

I got mine slightly used in Holland.

If you live in North America and are traveling to Europe, the exchange rate is pretty good right now and remember, the prices include ~20% tax, which you could get refunded if you ask beforehand. All in all it wasn't cheap but far less than people spend on their own bikes.

I took it apart and it fit inside our fairly normal suitcase.

Having suspension is great. I don't ride over crazy stuff, but the usual roots and small rocks that disappear under a 26" or 29" adult wheel with an aware rider are very different for a kid on a 20" wheel who can't see them coming.

With the suspension on the tag-along I feel fine cruising at speed through root sections and small rocks, <3". If my child was on a rigid tag-along they would get so rattled and bucked it wouldn't be rideable, until you slowed down to a crawling pace.

My 4 yr old daughter also is still working on learning to stand on the pedals and keep her feet on them, less bounce is definitely a good thing. Fat tires are good, but since they don't have rebound damping they bounce back up afterwards.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit on a 29er for off-road use. I had a new tube welded into the pulling arm to lengthen it and increase tire clearance. This might also be an issue for very short people riding a 26" with a dropper post.

The wheelbase is long, so you have to ride very wide on corners. This makes the ladder bridges on our local trails difficult as well as tight corners around trees. But as far as riding over bumpy stuff you can ride anything you'd feel safe riding with your child.
hi! le me know if yu are selling your tout terrain tag along ! cheers

21 - 30 of 30 Posts