Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some time I ran across a TAB with rear suspension for off-road use. I believe it was made in Germany. I can't seem to find any info on it. Does anyone have information on this bike?

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: pomiloup

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tout Terrain is the German Company you're looking for. Streamliner

I wish there stuff wasn't so expensive. I'd love one of the single wheel trailers so I can get some single track with my little guy. The Burley doesn't cut it for dirt.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is it. Thanks so much. I'll try the US distributor on Monday. My 3 1/2 year old is a little young by TAB standards, but has been riding an electric MX bike since 3 and recently learned to ride a 2 wheeler without training wheels. I'm hoping to get him the TAB for his fourth B-day the end of August.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Please let us know if you pick one of these up. I was contemplating myself on this TAB. I love the Trek Mountain Train (son started when 3 on this with no issues and he's newly 5 now). Unfortunately he still lacks the confidence on 2 wheels and doesn't like the 'bumpy side' of the singletrack on the ht. I think there's another FS TAB out there also - I'll have to look it up again. Perhaps in the UK?

A.

·
Registered
213 Posts
just found it - surprised to find out it's an Adams. It's called a 'Shocker'. Here's a pic of the suspension.

Sorry to hijack but I thought this might be of interest.

Thanks,
A.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like a less expensive alternative, but doesn't seem to be on the Adams Trail-a-bike website. Is is still a current production model?

·
just like a speeder-bike
329 Posts
Wow - if money was no object, I'd have loved one of those w/ my son.

FYI we used a huge BMX tire on our TAB, and ran it as flat as possible for "suspension." (You could consider a suspension post, too, but sometimes those springs can't get soft enough for a little guy!) I might worry that if real suspension was necessary, you could be exceeding what most would try on with a TAB.

Let us know how it works!

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Tout Terrain is the German Company you're looking for. Streamliner

I wish there stuff wasn't so expensive. I'd love one of the single wheel trailers so I can get some single track with my little guy. The Burley doesn't cut it for dirt.
That is pretty cool. It's nice how you can "upgrade" it to 2 wheels when the little ones outgrow the trailer.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Love my Tout-terrain Streamliner

We have the Tout-Terrrain Streamliner. The US importer is Peter Whyte Cycles. He doesn't list it on his website. We got our Singletrailer from him, not the greatest company to work with.

I got mine slightly used in Holland.

If you live in North America and are traveling to Europe, the exchange rate is pretty good right now and remember, the prices include ~20% tax, which you could get refunded if you ask beforehand. All in all it wasn't cheap but far less than people spend on their own bikes.

I took it apart and it fit inside our fairly normal suitcase.

Having suspension is great. I don't ride over crazy stuff, but the usual roots and small rocks that disappear under a 26" or 29" adult wheel with an aware rider are very different for a kid on a 20" wheel who can't see them coming.

With the suspension on the tag-along I feel fine cruising at speed through root sections and small rocks, <3". If my child was on a rigid tag-along they would get so rattled and bucked it wouldn't be rideable, until you slowed down to a crawling pace.

My 4 yr old daughter also is still working on learning to stand on the pedals and keep her feet on them, less bounce is definitely a good thing. Fat tires are good, but since they don't have rebound damping they bounce back up afterwards.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit on a 29er for off-road use. I had a new tube welded into the pulling arm to lengthen it and increase tire clearance. This might also be an issue for very short people riding a 26" with a dropper post.

The wheelbase is long, so you have to ride very wide on corners. This makes the ladder bridges on our local trails difficult as well as tight corners around trees. But as far as riding over bumpy stuff you can ride anything you'd feel safe riding with your child.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was just getting ready to post our trail-albike on craigslist when I thought I'd poke around and see what these things were going for. I found this post.....I've got an Adams Shocker for sale if anyone is interested. I'm in Manteca Ca. We've certainly had some great times on this but she's outgrown it and moved on to a Scott (that she's nearly outgrown again) Anyhow, I've got one if anyone is looking. No idea what to charge because they don't make these anymore.

Sorry, I haven't posted enough to include pictures the correct way.

3ws and
frontier-media.com/trailabike/DSC_8732.jpg
frontier-media.com/trailabike/DSC_8733.jpg
frontier-media.com/trailabike/DSC_8734.jpg

Cheers,

·
Registered
426 Posts
FYI - I have a Trek Mt. Train 20" with the gears in the back, lightly used for sale. I also made a wooden stand for it when you're not using it instead of it laying on its side, included. Make an offer. Shipping - I get a discount at work still could be $25 or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still want to sell?

I was just getting ready to post our trail-albike on craigslist when I thought I'd poke around and see what these things were going for. I found this post.....I've got an Adams Shocker for sale if anyone is interested. I'm in Manteca Ca. We've certainly had some great times on this but she's outgrown it and moved on to a Scott (that she's nearly outgrown again) Anyhow, I've got one if anyone is looking. No idea what to charge because they don't make these anymore.

Sorry, I haven't posted enough to include pictures the correct way.

3ws and
frontier-media.com/trailabike/DSC_8732.jpg
frontier-media.com/trailabike/DSC_8733.jpg
frontier-media.com/trailabike/DSC_8734.jpg

Cheers,
If you still have for sale I am interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I still have it.

Sorry, I replied via PM, don't know if it went through. I do still have the Adams Shocker. I'm a bit surprised cause I know they don't make these anymore. I'm in no hurry as much as I'd like some little one to be able to use this rather than having it just sit.

bblee_2 at verizon.net
or call two 0 nine- four eight two six four four two.

·
Registered
291 Posts
According to the website the current model is 29er compatible.
Any chance your kids have outgrown yours yet? I'm defintiely on the market for a TT Streamliner.

We have the Tout-Terrrain Streamliner.
Unfortunately it doesn't fit on a 29er for off-road use. I had a new tube welded into the pulling arm to lengthen it and increase tire clearance. This might also be an issue for very short people riding a 26" with a dropper post.

The wheelbase is long, so you have to ride very wide on corners. This makes the ladder bridges on our local trails difficult as well as tight corners around trees. But as far as riding over bumpy stuff you can ride anything you'd feel safe riding with your child.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The current picture looks the same as the one I've had for a few years. Maybe they have changed the shape or extended the bar that leads to the seat post clamp. It kind of works with 29ers, especially if you don't have a dropper post and clamp it higher on the post. You can still ride rowdy terrain, but have to remember to make a small turn over every hump in the trail or else the fender will run into the rear tire on a 29er.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The current picture looks the same as the one I've had for a few years. Maybe they have changed the shape or extended the bar that leads to the seat post clamp. It kind of works with 29ers, especially if you don't have a dropper post and clamp it higher on the post. You can still ride rowdy terrain, but have to remember to make a small turn over every hump in the trail or else the fender will run into the rear tire on a 29er.
So it's not yet for sale?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts