Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pugsley is duo arrive mid March. I like the idea of going out with my daughter with the pug. Does anyone have experience of Adams tag a long with a pug? Or any tag along?

For obvious reasons I wouldn't be going hardcore off road with her attached

·
PUG U!!!
192 Posts
I pulled my little girl in her "chariot" (Burly type), behind my Pugs all spring summer and fall. She has her own bike, but for me and the boys to go any distance, she needs to ride in her "chariot".
Never had any issues pulling it. Well besides the way it catches the wind and makes the workout even better??!! Lol
We mostly stick to paved bike trails, gravel roads, and through town.

Peace

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@coldbike- I notice you mention banging into the back wheel, is that just in the snow or on singletrack? The times I will be using a tag a long won't be in the snow but on steady fairly smooth singletrack

·
Registered
358 Posts
Pretty much whenever I went over a hump so that the TAB was angled downward relative to the Pugsley. I have a lot of seatpost to play with since my legs are long and I could not find any way to make it work. Also worth noting is that since I got my Burly Piccolo, I would not go back to a TAB. The Burley is really good and the TAB simply isn't.

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,393 Posts
I ran a Trail-Gator towbar - makes a regular kid bike into a trailer bike, and you can unhook and let the kid ride their bike - behind my 29er. http://www.trail-gator.com/

When you went over a sufficiently sharp crest, either the two tires would come together or the towbar would rub on the tire. It wasn't horrible - we never crashed - but you could tell it was happening. It amused my daughter, especially when the tires touched - since it would spin up her front tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.