Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tbone said:
So,

I just put money down on a Behemoth and I'm trying to decide which fork to get. I'm considering RS 120, Manitou 120 and the WB 135 realizing the WB will make it a little more slack. I've read the reviews on the WB and Manitou, and just a tidbit on the Reba. I'm a bigger guy (200+) and I'm not extremely aggressive - yet. Not too worried about the cost. Manitou is appealing for the cost but some people seem annoyed with them.

Is Fox coming out with a TA 29er soon?? I remember a pic of a Lenz with a Fox 36 and a special hub. Sounds appealing as well but not sure if that is available.

Thanks for input.
Spoke with Fox and nothing for 09. Have heard from some in the know that 10 might bring TA.

·
Registered
665 Posts
So,

I just put money down on a Behemoth and I'm trying to decide which fork to get. I'm considering RS 120, Manitou 120 and the WB 135 realizing the WB will make it a little more slack. I've read the reviews on the WB and Manitou, and just a tidbit on the Reba. I'm a bigger guy (200+) and I'm not extremely aggressive - yet. Not too worried about the cost. Manitou is appealing for the cost but some people seem annoyed with them.

Is Fox coming out with a TA 29er soon?? I remember a pic of a Lenz with a Fox 36 and a special hub. Sounds appealing as well but not sure if that is available.

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I like the Reba team- 20mm. I think Fox will have a 20mm option in 4-5 months on their F-series 29er fork but that is too far away. Get the Reba- it is really nice.

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
I have a behemoth with a Fox 36- had the fork "moded", the arch was shaved down and a one inch spacer in the bottom of th leg to limit travel 1", resulting in 5" travel.

I also run a manitou 100mm TA on my SS- a 120TA may be the way to go on the moth- the fox is great, but the cost $$ and the mod seem too pricey (unless you want to try mine out)
You can also run a special hub -unicycle- I think that gives you the extra 1", but it is a $4-500 wheel, from my understanding.

·
Registered
665 Posts
gticlay,
Bummer, damnit.

Blue MTN,
I agree, can't wait that long.

D3DO,
Where did you get the FOX shaved? I saw a warning on GTed's site from fox about that but I have to admit, I'd probably try it too. What a killer fork. there are some good deals on ebay right now on 36 Talas'. 3-4 of them. Do the internals have to be played with or do you just set it at 130 and go?

Thanks for all the feedback

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
The fork has to be CNC machined- the internals do have to be adjusted- you need a spacer in the bottom of the leg to keep you from bottoming out and having the brace meet thee tire = serious carnage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts