Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I did a quick search to see if there was a thread for T29 built-up weights, but I didn't find one. Apologies if I missed it.

How light have you guys managed to build this bike? I'd probably build mine 3x9 or 3x10, or 2x10 using "normal" front cogs (I'm not a racer). My current 26" XC rig is 27.3 lb, and I was wondering if the T29 can get anywhere near that. Our trails here don't really warrant a T29, but it's a darn nice looking bike and from what I've read, performs very well as well. I'm a fairly small rider (5'6", no power), so I try to keep a bit of an eye on weight. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine is a medium with a build at ~32 pounds.

Fox 36 fork
I9 Enduro wheelset
KSi900 post
ODI Rogues
2.55 tires

If I went lighter on those parts and a couple others it could be sub 30. I personally don't care about the weight and ride it everywhere as it is.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Try here

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=636745

Mine is the first one, 30.1lbs. Rides lighter than it is. My biggest piece of advice, keep the rear tire and wheel weight down, way down. With a RR 2.4 at 680g feels great, but go up to a 840g+ tire, feels a whole gear slower. Also the rear shock position makes a difference. Pedals better and stays higher in the travel in the 5" travel position, but makes better use of full travel in the 5.5" travel. It's because of two different stroke rates in the two positions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will try to load up some pix soon...she is quite shy hehe..nwyz just wanted to share my rides with the T29. I've had her since last Sept...she is alot of fun!!!:thumbsup: Although I think if I change to the newer dorado she might be faster. I built this bike to compare it to my old small intense m6 26 and I would say that the M6 is still faster at the trail we ride super flowy no need to pedal.. rocky.. arm pumping dh trail. Suspention on the M6 overpowered the bigwheels on the T29. But I still wonder how an Intense 2951 dh 29er would feel at our local dh course..hmm that a future build:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.