Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather was a teensy bit chilly when I started out, but once I got going it really was the perfect day for a ride. I did an out-and-back from the 7th Ave. trailhead to Dreamy Draw, and must have spotted about 25 other riders.

I like hanging out at the top of that nightmare hill just before Cave Creek Rd. to see if other riders can make it up and down it. Haven't quite mastered the downhill myself so it helps to check out other folks' technique.

Anyone else ride T100 today? I was riding solo on a gray Trek.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Started around noon doing a loop from 32nd & Shea. Ride consisted of a run almost to Tatum and then returning almost to CP via the Zipper. I was the slow fat dude on a black 29'er not giving a sh$t about anything but enjoying the day!

There were a few hikers and riders out and all had good attitudes! Even the poodle not on a leash.

G

·
I went otb by the parking lot (dreamy draw) avoiding a "hiker" dressed in nice clothes heading out towards Sodomy Gulch. I didn't think much of it until I noticed the other "hiker" in regular clothes following him about 15 seconds behind looking down. It was worth the chuckle. Two star-crossed lovers...oh never mind.

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
NardoSS said:
I went otb by the parking lot (dreamy draw) avoiding a "hiker" dressed in nice clothes heading out towards Sodomy Gulch. I didn't think much of it until I noticed the other "hiker" in regular clothes following him about 15 seconds behind looking down. It was worth the chuckle. Two star-crossed lovers...oh never mind.
You seem surprisingly attuned to those things. Wanna go for a hike?

:eek:

I kill me.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
crispy said:
The weather was a teensy bit chilly when I started out, but once I got going it really was the perfect day for a ride. I did an out-and-back from the 7th Ave. trailhead to Dreamy Draw, and must have spotted about 25 other riders.

I like hanging out at the top of that nightmare hill just before Cave Creek Rd. to see if other riders can make it up and down it. Haven't quite mastered the downhill myself so it helps to check out other folks' technique.

Anyone else ride T100 today? I was riding solo on a gray Trek.
...dunno about crowded - Dreamy Draw area, tributary stuff (1A,8A,30?), was practically deserted, bike-wise. Hikers were still on the cranky side, just like I remember them from my Phoenician days. Nice conditions, zero dust.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NardoSS said:
Haha, a friend of mine told me that Dreamy Draw was a popular "cruising" spot. That seems awfully unsanitary.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
kendogg said:
He never said "otb" meant "over the bars" in this case.
It could mean "on the bottom" or something else....:eek:
:D

I thought he meant "on the boner" or "on the butt" and that the SS on his "handle" stood for Safe Sex! :p

·
livin' the dream......
1,969 Posts
I rode out of DD yesterday, first going west on 100 for about a mile then turned back to DD and rode 220. Crowded parking lot, but not too bad on the trails.

I was unable to make it up the second big hill on the west side of the 51. It has a left hand switch back than a good push to the top. I made it to the switchback and ran out of steam. I have not ridden that side too often, I'll have to try it again and see if I can make that hill!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tjkm said:
I was unable to make it up the second big hill on the west side of the 51. It has a left hand switch back than a good push to the top. I made it to the switchback and ran out of steam. I have not ridden that side too often, I'll have to try it again and see if I can make that hill!
I know exactly which hill you are talking about. It is a tough climb. I usually have to dismount at the switchback too. Fun downhill though.

There is another hill in that area that's named the widowmaker on a map I stole from Epicrider... not exactly sure which hill it is.

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
It was a beautiful day to ride, I came across more bikers than hikers ever. I usually ride weekdays on this trail myself but time was short for me so I took a chance and rode. it didn't get too busy till after 10:30 but not bad at all, I crossed about 6 hikers & 5 dogs, 9 bikers and two horses and everyone was being pleasant. I was in a bit of a rush today so I didn't have time to stop and talk to anyone so sorry if I seemed rude when I just rode by and only said howdy.

·
livin' the dream......
1,969 Posts
crispy said:
I know exactly which hill you are talking about. It is a tough climb. I usually have to dismount at the switchback too. Fun downhill though.

There is another hill in that area that's named the widowmaker on a map I stole from Epicrider... not exactly sure which hill it is.
After I eventually made it to the top and dropped down the other side and rode to the back of the houses. I turned it around there and was at least able to make the twisting climb back to that little saddle. You're right, that dh part is a blast.:D

·
I, Mudd
213 Posts
I had a great ride on T100 today. 40th Street to looking over Cave Creek Road and back.

Everyone I came across was in a great mood. No one gave me the evil eye or anything.

·
What's that smell?
468 Posts
NardoSS said:
I've not heard that before, but that's too funny. :eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
t100

i too just rode dreamy draw trail system today and encountered at least 15 hikers and maybe 4 or 5 fellow mtbrs but no bad looks or unfriendliness at all. In fact one group of hikers wished me a merry christmas as i rode by and then continued to cheer me on as i went up 100:D :skep:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.