Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice, I've been looking around for a full face helmet for occasional use, and the prices haven't justified occasional use. In for 1. I normally wear large, ordered medium.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a T2 to. They are great helmets, but they really have to change that sizing chart. My helmet is way to big for me.

·
All fat, all the time.
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made a note on the sizing... Also all the reviews mentioned it too....

FYI I went out to the ski hill the other week, cased a jump, the helmet likely saved my teeth from a hit to the handlebars.... Very happy I had it on.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I picked one of these up in April (as posted above). I usually wear a large, ordered medium and it fits like a glove.

I did recently have an opportunity to use it at the downhill flow trails at Spirit Mountain in Duluth, MN. On my second run, my front tire washed out right at the end, I fell a little to the side of a wooden boardwalk, and my head faceplanted into the boardwalk HARD.

If I wouldn't have run across this deal, I would have been wearing my normal bike helmet, and a guy that witnessed this agreed that I would have had to have reconstructive surgery, or at the very least a broken jaw, nose, teeth, etc. Instead I just had to sit for a few minutes since it was quite the ringer (did not have concussion though). The helmet itself seems fine besides a tiny scuff in the paint.

THANK YOU Shark for posting this. This helmet is the best $30 I have spent in my life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ya but i bought it before i saw any of these reviews. anyways i wear something on my head so it fits just right. I've already had a few crashes and it protects me real well.

·
All fat, all the time.
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya but i bought it before i saw any of these reviews. anyways i wear something on my head so it fits just right. I've already had a few crashes and it protects me real well.
Gotcha!
Yep, it felt weird for me to order a size small (usually wear med or large in past)....fit just right.

·
Five is right out
3,174 Posts
I have one of these and it's only worth it's sale price. Compared to a lot of other brands, these THE helmets are pretty poorly designed. They're protective, but not particularly nice to use.

I'd personally spend three times the price for something more polished... in fact, that's what I ended up doing. I'd only get another THE on sale as a loaner helmet, or if I was really short on cash.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have BELL size L - that's fit like glove
Ordered XL - fits a bit smaller that I expect, however that's my first FF, so I do not even know how should it fit;

to my filling, too short chin protection( to close to my beard )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts