Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for feedback on this bar-mount system. The Syntace VRO System seems like a very slick system. My wife has a hard time getting the bars juuuuuust right and this system offers a very large range of adjustment/

Are any of you using it? I'd love some opinions.

·
my church is the woods
1,066 Posts
I used the VRO setup for about 8 years. Excellent product! I decided to go with a wider bar now, otherwise I'd still be running it. For the weight of the VRO stem and bars, there is nothing stronger out there. Syntace has a 10 year guarantee on them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ride the VRO system since a couple of years now , .... 1.5 VRO and lowriser bar with "eco clamps"... these are a bit higher, and heavier than the "x-ray clamps" but also cheaper....
the reason to go for it, was a serious crash, caused by a broken screw on my old stem some years ago ...after that I wanted something strong and reliable, and the redundancy of the two clamps made it very attractive for me at that time...
and ..it is really interesting to learn that even small changings of the stem length or height results in a complete different riding....

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Have them on four bikes, think I've had the oldest one almost 10 years now (and never a hint of a warranty issue). Does help with fitting a bike, too (although the useful range of adjustment is limited). Highly recommend. Wish they were more widely available in the US, though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.