Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
If they require that dt swiss rubber band conversion kit, they are garbage. That tubeless set up sucks... But I hear they eliminated that kit, and the tubeless setup is better now. Ask a Scott dealer, or maybe someone here knows...

Also the syncros wheels tend to be heavy...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think we had them on the scale at the shop and they came in just under 1700g. Not great. I picked up some DT Swiss XR1501 Splines for $1000 on ebay and they were 1500g - same weight at Syncros' carbon XR1.0 wheels. Tubeless setup that came in the boxes was just some tape and valve stems and worked perfectly first try.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think we had them on the scale at the shop and they came in just under 1700g. Not great. I picked up some DT Swiss XR1501 Splines for $1000 on ebay (brick and mortar bike retailer, full warranty) and they were 1500g with the XD Driver - same weight as Syncros' carbon XR1.0 wheels. Tubeless setup that came in the boxes was just some tape and valve stems and worked perfectly first try. Gotta be the lightest alloy 29er wheelset on the market I would think... and unlike Stan's, they haven't needed truing after every ride.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anybody know the difference between the Syncros XR RC wheels (as discussed above) versus the XC39 wheelset (which are on my Scott Spark 930). I saw on another post that the XC39 wheelset was almost 2200 grams (with rim tape which I am not sure how much weight tape would add). That's quite a heavy wheelset if that's the case!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any idea of the weight?

Anybody know the difference between the Syncros XR RC wheels (as discussed above) versus the XC39 wheelset (which are on my Scott Spark 930). I saw on another post that the XC39 wheelset was almost 2200 grams (with rim tape which I am not sure how much weight tape would add). That's quite a heavy wheelset if that's the case!
I just purchased a Scott Spark 920 and trying to find out the weight of the wheels also?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just received these with my 2015 Spark 900 RC. I weighed them on my Feedback hanging scale and they were 1580g with tape, valves and CL nuts. They came with DT Swiss tape and not the rubber strip. Pretty light for stock wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts