Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Syncros Ti Hardcore with a good axle and ok cups but the bearings are iffy. They're an obscure bearing (Ina 61903RS double row) sized 17mm ID x 30mm OD x 10mm Wide. All the LBS's are hitting at $50+ for a pair. The cheap common comparable bearing has a 35mm OD.

Has anyone with this BB sourced replacement bearings for them? If I can spend say $20 total I'd be a happy camper.

Last resort is to get a 7mm wide ($4.00 each) and use a 17mm ID x 3mm wide shim inboard but those are only single row (though this isnt critical the way I ride).

+ + + + + + +

And as a side, anyone have sources for the locking collar on the old Cook's BB? (I know they're kinda crappy BB's but it'd be nice to complete the one I have).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bearing suppliers...

Yeah, tried that (here the big shop is McGuire bearing). They were specing $35+ each (Ina). The problem is its an obscure size ... i'll figure something out :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bearing Source...

Hey,
I've used http://www.mcmaster.com for beariings twice with good results. Search under bearings on the site. I've also spaced out the BB from the inside of the cup in a pinch to make a 68mm in to a 73mm. on a Syncros BB. The cup has a constant ID inside to fit multi bearings so the trick works well. -jy

·
Registered
7 Posts
alternate are the hybrid bearings from tune (with steel shell and ceramic balls) but they not cheaper I thing same price if you order the hybrid bearings from skf the cost 80~100€ (each)

but the next alternate was you can demount(if they are not rivet) and if the shells are ok you can change the balls only???

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah...

The cheap fix is to get the 7mm wide bearing which usually run like $3-5 each then locate a spacer so I can run it in a 73mm BB shell. Regardless, I've filed the BB away for now into "Ongoing Projects aka Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind" :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found some 3903 2RS: 17x30x10mm Enduro bearings for $24 each. Here is the website & good luck.

http://www.bikeparts.com/ProductInfo/Enduro-cartridge-bearing172.htm

holden said:
I've got a Syncros Ti Hardcore with a good axle and ok cups but the bearings are iffy. They're an obscure bearing (Ina 61903RS double row) sized 17mm ID x 30mm OD x 10mm Wide. All the LBS's are hitting at $50+ for a pair. The cheap common comparable bearing has a 35mm OD.

Has anyone with this BB sourced replacement bearings for them? If I can spend say $20 total I'd be a happy camper.

Last resort is to get a 7mm wide ($4.00 each) and use a 17mm ID x 3mm wide shim inboard but those are only single row (though this isnt critical the way I ride).

+ + + + + + +

And as a side, anyone have sources for the locking collar on the old Cook's BB? (I know they're kinda crappy BB's but it'd be nice to complete the one I have).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.