Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lez go.
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of big casings last season I banged up my Mavic 325 disc pretty good, and I was thinking about picking up a set of the DPS 32's. I thought the 325's held up about as good as I could expect. Any thoughts on the Syncros?
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
Mega T said:
After a couple of big casings last season I banged up my Mavic 325 disc pretty good, and I was thinking about picking up a set of the DPS 32's. I thought the 325's held up about as good as I could expect. Any thoughts on the Syncros?
325's are entry level rims....ever thought about keeping the hubs and stringing up a new set of hoops....like the 729's or 721's or even tubeless 823's
 

·
Lez go.
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
325's are entry level rims....ever thought about keeping the hubs and stringing up a new set of hoops....like the 729's or 721's or even tubeless 823's
That would probably be the best bet since the hubs are fine. Really, the main reason I was thinking about the Syncros - IF they were durable - was because they come in white. If the 325's held up as good as they did after what I put them through last season, I know the 7- or 8- series would be sweet.
 

·
Unit 91
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
You can get the DPS 32 rims in black on eBay for pretty cheap brand new. A little while back I order a white DPS 36 off eBay and it looks real sturdy. I sold it to my friend and it turned out to be a strong wheel. No long term review though. For the price, they arent bad. I think a set of Mavic 729 rims laced to your old hubs wouldnt be a back choice either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
ive run a set of the dps 32 for over a year now without any issue. i finally put a bit of a flat spot in the rear after haning up on a double with a wood log edge. there definately a solid wheel.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts

·
Lez go.
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nuclear 674 said:
ive run a set of the dps 32 for over a year now without any issue. i finally put a bit of a flat spot in the rear after haning up on a double with a wood log edge. there definately a solid wheel.
That's how I put the flat spot on my 325.

For looks, I want to go with the Syncros in white. For known durability, I want to go with a 7- or 8- Mavic.

I know I should opt for substance over style. I've already passed up way too many good deals on an '06 888 RC2X because I wanted it in white. Now that I'm getting the black (for a black Scream), I've been stuck on this white wheel thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Buy some mavic rims. 729, 721 or 823. I have the syncros dps36 rims and they aren't as good as mavic (not even close). The front wheel I now have is a dps36 that I have had for about 1½ years. The rear rim was just changed for a new one (both the new and the one before are dps36's). My front rim only has a few flatspots (thats a few more than what I would have had with mavic), but my old rear wheel rim was so full of flatspots and buckles that I had to change it. Well, I tought that it was just bad luck, so I went and bought a new dps36 (the one I'm running now). A month of riding and allready a few flatspots. I'm never ever going to buy any other rims than mavic ever again.

Atleast here in Finland, mavic rims are a bit cheaper than syncros. Heavier, less durable and more expensive? I don't get it.

Gotta change back to 721's or maybe 823's for next summer.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top