Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Wish there was a release date. I'd be all over that thing for the expected price $2200-$2400...especially if that's retail...I'd think 5% less for corporate on a new bike and in 6 months an even bigger discount.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just read that it's 27.5+/29. I guess it'll also replace the Mason?
Looks like it. I was torn between the Sync'r Pro and Mason Pro when shopping last year and I ended up with the Mason because of the plus tires. Both bikes felt very similar, its just that the Mason has more material to work with.

Edit: Actually I forgot they still have the Mason 2 and it sold out quick... maybe 27.5+ for medium and small frames but 29er for large and xl?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I really like my Sync'r Pro, it's a very fun and tough bike for screwing around offroad. I'm not sure what carbon gets you for this type of bike as it's hardly a weight weenie XC bike, but it's certainly no bad thing.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Carbon probably gets a slight weight decrease and a different ride characteristic. If they do it right...carbon rides much better than aluminum. Really though...a good aluminum frame can ride good too. But much of the time they don't.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wish there was a release date. I'd be all over that thing for the expected price $2200-$2400...especially if that's retail...I'd think 5% less for corporate on a new bike and in 6 months an even bigger discount.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this myself. I just found another post on BikeRumor about it, saying a Fall '18 release, which is later than I hoped. This might replace my DJ and HT 29'er though.

https://bikerumor.com/2018/05/01/soc/

·
Registered
524 Posts
Carbon probably gets a slight weight decrease and a different ride characteristic. If they do it right...carbon rides much better than aluminum. Really though...a good aluminum frame can ride good too. But much of the time they don't.
Rides *stiffer* not necessarily "better." :)

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like it. I was torn between the Sync'r Pro and Mason Pro when shopping last year and I ended up with the Mason because of the plus tires. Both bikes felt very similar, its just that the Mason has more material to work with.

Edit: Actually I forgot they still have the Mason 2 and it sold out quick... maybe 27.5+ for medium and small frames but 29er for large and xl?
No...27.5+ & 29 have similar outer diameters. You'd choose one for rougher trails or more traction and the other for snappier acceleration. 27.5+ & 29+ for different frame sizes, or 27.5 & 29. The 27.5+ & 29 basically fit the same space.

I'd choose this geometry over the Mason any day of the week. Taller stack height. The Mason has the same stack height from small through XL. Totally asinine. Why would a taller rider want the handlebar at the same height as a little 5'8" rider?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Sync'r increases the stack height and head tube lengths with the larger frames. Mason head tube lengths is just 110mm across the board... So you either lean over further and lower, or run a ton of silly spacers under the stem.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Rides *stiffer* not necessarily "better." :)
Every carbon frame bike I've own has ridden "better" than any aluminum frame bike I've owned.

·
hardtail partier
1,058 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. For those looking into the Sync'r Carbon, here are my thoughts after building it up. Stay tuned for a full on-the-bike review.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great Video. Agreed generally. I love the bike but I changed some things.
I have a large and and I fit between L and XL on most frames. This frame fits me well with some mods. Taller bars. 60mm stem. Increased fork travel to 160 with a Lufkappe upgrade. Carbon 40mm inner rims with DT Swiss 54 engagement hubs. New seat (old)Selle Flite. 203 front rotor. Feels light- rides light. Thats about it.
Does well for me in all conditions I ride. Climbs very well and descends better than my old full squishy.
I love your videos. Great talking and riding......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts