Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can clue me in. I followed numerous “here is how to do it” posts, articles, what have you, with no luck. Google or iOs clendars. Android, iOs or Windows platforms.

I am transitioning from Polar Flow to Garmin Connect. Polar Flow sync was always so easy via app settings to Google or iOs.

I must be missing something. Ideas?

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Garmin corporate so sensitive. When I go thru Garmin instructions they are fine with allowing a public view of my calendar but one cannot get a Connect calendar onto another calendar. Polar is ok. What gives?

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I posted on the Garmin forum. Couple of non answers, well meaning of course, but never addressing the sync issue. I suspect that an answer of any kind is given to divert attention away from a simple yes or no-the Connect calendar cannot be synced with another calendar.

I.e. go away.

·
since 4/10/2009
37,118 Posts
I didn't understand WTF you wanted until your later posts with details.

In the web interface:

Copy the link.

In Google Calendar (web interface again).

Paste your link here.

And add your calendar. I don't have any future stuff in my Garmin calendar. It's all just past activities, which don't actually show up in calendar syncs. It's basically just an RSS feed.

Is this what you wanted?

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure thing. This exact procedure not working for me on any device or platform. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great. Helps me troubleshoot. My workaround fix was to create a bookmark.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bookmark the Connect Calendar as a work around fix. I would rather have my Garmin calendar on the calendar app (which shows Everything) I look at each morning as I verify my time allocations and How/when I last rode.

One of the suggestions was to select a Garmin training plan. That did not help. Customizing a Garmin training plan to accommodate injury, time allocations etc. where I can ride, weather conditions, can be done, with some juggling.

Probably asking too much.

Cheers.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All righty. Troubleshooting. I discovered that I was not copying the entire Connect Calendar address to be pasted. I used select all and then copied and pasted. Success. Operator error on my end. I suspected as much.

So I have the Connect Calendar display on Google cal, iCal, and my other calendar app. Since whittled it down to one calendar so I can plan my daily time.

Connect Calendar syncs with idiosyncrasies. I suggest you deal with those on your own.
Still think the way Polar allows a calendar sync (post#4) above, to be superior. Just sayin.
Displays vary depending on your device. I have Android and Apple.

Hope this might help some other biker.

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.