Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for rides in area. Back to mtb after 15 years road. Purchased today S works stumpjumper, full xtr, fox talas, .Looking to get serious miles to do enduro.Training partners for both mtb and road .Also form team for any up and coming events

·
Registered
178 Posts
leonardo said:
Looking for rides in area. Back to mtb after 15 years road. Purchased today S works stumpjumper, full xtr, fox talas, .Looking to get serious miles to do enduro.Training partners for both mtb and road .Also form team for any up and coming events
manly dam, red hill etc are all good

check out hugh flower's mtb book

also you got the manly warringah mtb club in ur area with plenty of resources

congrats on the purchase.. pics?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bike_freak said:
Which suburb are you in?
Im on the central coast, however i'm self employed and do a lot of work in the northern beaches. I have plenty of time to do pm weekday rides. My brother in law lives on the beaches and is keen to hook up and do some miles.

These other guys arent from a bike background, but they are keen to try some enduro. What is the best training for them ? I think it would be best to do some spinning on the road or around say Centennial Park to get some miles under their belt and do some mtb riding for skill. What is any one else's thoughts.

Cheers

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
davidecan said:
manly dam is a great trail, even for beginners
Ye.. it can get a bit technical for the beginners, but it is fun and will get their skill levels up...

If they just want to get fit, then maybe go do some rides like the Oaks in the blue mountains. It is about 25km and over 2/3's downhill(and easy downhill at that.. all fireroad..).

·
Registered
375 Posts
There are plenty of riding to be done up near the Central Coast. Ourimbah state forest has some nice single tracks and is good for tecnical skills. The is also a long fire road climb to work on your fitnes but since you do road riding fitness may not be your first concern. BTW if you want some serious climbing on your roadie there is Bumble on the north side of Ourimbah state forest.

Also there is a cool ride from Woy Woy to Pearl Beach.

·
Registered
178 Posts
leonardo said:
Im on the central coast, however i'm self employed and do a lot of work in the northern beaches. I have plenty of time to do pm weekday rides. My brother in law lives on the beaches and is keen to hook up and do some miles.

These other guys arent from a bike background, but they are keen to try some enduro. What is the best training for them ? I think it would be best to do some spinning on the road or around say Centennial Park to get some miles under their belt and do some mtb riding for skill. What is any one else's thoughts.

Cheers
As everyone else has said, Manly Dam, Red Hill and Oxford Falls are the main places to ride in Northern Sydney. There are also trail up around the Terry Hills area but they generally have a lot of horse traffic and can be hard to string together for a decent ride. They are also more fire trails than ST.

Anyway while the above do offer good riding, you'll soon be sick of doing the same tracks time and time again. Luckily for you there is heaps of excellent riding closer to your home. Try Orimbah, Killingworth and the Old convict road at Wisemans for a start.

There are also MTB clubs at the central coast, hunter and turrumurra

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Talking about terry hills..

Theres also Ku rai gui(sp??), right next to. Theres some decent eroded firetrails are in there. Some with nice views and quite nice riding(usually quite rocky though..).

Cascades(garigal N.P) is my local trail and is quite good for the begginer looking to get some fitness up. It is rather smooth and fast with some big climbs..

Perfect for someones first night ride aswell:)

WOY- were abouts do you live??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Leonardo (and everyone else)

Feel free to join us for a social ride this comming Wed night (the 4th), starting from 7:30 at St Ives.
All the details are here (please read this)

www.mwcc.xs4.info/mtb

We will soon have our calendar for the second half of the year up too.

Hope some of you can make it.

Pat
Manly Warringah MTB Club

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Path said:
Leonardo (and everyone else)

Feel free to join us for a social ride this comming Wed night (the 4th), starting from 7:30 at St Ives.
All the details are here (please read this)

www.mwcc.xs4.info/mtb

We will soon have our calendar for the second half of the year up too.

Hope some of you can make it.

Pat
Manly Warringah MTB Club
thanks mate, do you leave from the bike shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.