Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
What's up Dut?
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been missing my Sycip 29er and was wondering if there is anyone out there currently on one. I just have not seen too many of them. If you are out there, speak up and be heard. Plus, if you have any pics, post 'em. I am once again getting that itch...

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
mdutcher said:
I have been missing my Sycip 29er and was wondering if there is anyone out there currently on one. I just have not seen too many of them. If you are out there, speak up and be heard. Plus, if you have any pics, post 'em. I am once again getting that itch...
Sell it or stolen?

bb

·
What's up Dut?
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chic said:
Thought you were buying a Moots??????
Who told you that? Word does travel fast. I have been thinking about it, but it may have to wait for a bit. Need to sell a few kids first ;-)

Are you still loving your Moots? Heard that you picked up a sweet CX bike. Will you be racing this year on it?

·
"the" fashion advisor
149 Posts
Moots is still treating me right. Very right in fact. Plan is to do some cx races this year. Never done one so I figure its time to give it a spin. I just typically buy cx frames vs road frames so I can ride on or offroad etc. Plus, if I buy a full on road frame some folks might start calling me a "roadie"......scary. Just kidding. As for how I know about the Moots, lets just say I have some connections. Good luck on whatever you get, welcome back tot he 29er world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jay and Jeremy built a fillet brazed 29er for me a little over a year ago. Funny, when I get the thing and put the bits together I stood back and took a look at it. I was sure the brothers had dropped a decimal point along the way. The thing was huge! However when I threw a leg over it, it disappeared beneath me. It's the best fitting bike I own. I had the thing set up with a Rohloff Speed hub, and a year later I sm still pleased with the decision. I have forever thrown off the tyranny of the Derailleur.

tom

·
What's up Dut?
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speak of the devil....

....my Sycip frame is on eBay right now. What are the odds of that? Weird!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I saw that and thought the same thing... strange... :)

Matt, you're a bling-bling bike whore... almost as bad as Nathan. :D

mdutcher said:
....my Sycip frame is on eBay right now. What are the odds of that? Weird!

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
Just don't ask them to paint the damn thing.

I had Paul (Rock Lobster) send my new fork (to replace the one that destroyed my collarbone in April) to Sycip for paint, so that it would match the frame...it sat in their shop for 3 weeks b/c they didn't know what color to paint it (evidently, they don't know how to check EMAIL)...once I finally got it, it's a different shade of grey - it was supposed to be painted "battleship" (a Sycip FACTORY color) to match the frame (also painted by Sycip). They also botched things up when originally painted the frame/fork and cost me 3 weeks there, so you are safe to assume that I am none too pleased with the brothers Sycip.

Like Paul said...well, it's the wrong color, but at least it took a long time.

Maybe I'll actually show up on a wudchuk ride this winter on my mismatched ride.

-posson

·
Registered
247 Posts
It was on e-bay a few months ago.

It was selling out of Durango just like this time. Maybe it didn't go last time or did you sell it on e- bay a couple of months ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts