Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if a Dhx coil will fit the sxc frames? The DHX air just doesn't suit me. I'm not sure if the spring diameter is small enough to fit .Any help would great.:)

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the photos.

rockyuphill said:
There's just over 1.5" of width there at the top side of the shock, that's pretty tight for a coil shock.
What shock is that? How do you like the Pushed shock?

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
That's a Push'd RP3 with the small air chamber, my RP3 with the large air chamber is off being Push'd around as we speak. I had the small air chamber version done for my 2006 Slayer 70 to increase the ramp up near the end of the travel since I'm in the 200-ish pound range, and put it on the SXC while the other RP3 is being modified.

The Push tuning for a specific rider weight range and suspension leverage sure seems to make them behave better. Most production forks and shocks are setup for the average 150-160 pound rider, so if you're above or below the average they could always be tuned better for your weight.

The RP3 or RP23 are almost a half pound lighter than the DHX Air, and I want to keep the SXC as light as feasible. I don't do big drops and jumps on this bike so I'm not so concerned about the DHX bottom out adjustment.

I just had a look at the Fox website, the DHX 5.0 coil weighs 0.82 pounds without the spring (spring must weigh at least 1/2 pound anyway) and the DHX Air weighs 0.96 pounds. That Wade Simmons SXC shows that DHC coil does fit but you sure start to give up the weight advantage of the SXC..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts