Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
just wondering, i own a 2006 giant AC and im having trouble with the sram sx4 rd! it keeps over shifting and under shifting, it also ghost shifts when i start pedalling harder. i had a stack a while back and it was moving in and out of gear after that, i got it fixed at the lbs and it worked for a while, now it struggles in the middle gears (4,5,6) is it worth getting the rd re-tuned or is it a problem that will hang around? Im thinking maybe my hanger is a bit bent? it wasnt a very hard stack, it was rather light....

so basically im asking you SRAM heads is it really worth getting a whole new rd and shifters? or should i get it retuned and buy a new hanger if it is damaged? also because my AC is only 8 speed what is my best option to go for with an 8sp rd and shifters (i want trigger)

thanks so much

lhc

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Unless they put a der hanger alignment gauge on the hanger, you will have no real idea if it is straight. That would be the first step to take at the LBS. That should take care of the issue if your shop does not suck (because tuning a der is dead simple). If you want to help yourself in the mean time, go read this:

http://parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=64

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.