Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used their Sx for a trail bike? how has it held up? Reason i am thinking about using the Sx as a trail bike instead of going with an enduro or pitch, is because i am a realatively small person 5'8" bout 150 pounds and i enjoy and small frame to be able to flick around pretty easily, any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
812 Posts
the frame is solid, the parts are up to you. I don't think an SX will hold you back at all, but they do have a very low bb so you may find yourself smacking pedals on rocks until you get used to the bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the new SX rides higher than the 08. they are also slightly heavier and slacker at the front. Still i have used both of them for trail riding, infact the 09 has such a low standover than it made a lot of female riders wanting for them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you are talking about the 4" SX and not the SX trail, make sure you will have enough seat post, the seat tube is really low.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use mine for everything. it's built up to about 33 lbs. A tiny bit slower on the uphill but totally worth it for the down. do it. you won't regret it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
definitely possible. with some lighter rims and tires and a duel ring up front, it would work fine. plus, throw an adjustable travel fork on there like a 66 ata, talas, totem, or lyric and your set for everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts