Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll post a review in two months or so when I've had some quality time on it, but it seems like just the bike I wanted. Strong, yet light enough to take out for 5 hour rides.

I hope the picture thing works. It's my first time uploading pics.

·
Registered
287 Posts
man they are such sick looking bikes, would love to get my hands on one of those for a spin. Looks like the perfect balance...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I want one but too much $$ and they get sold within 1 day of being in the shop. so i'm looking at norco 6 now. i would get it if i had the extra money but to me that money is just too hard to let go off and see it all go into a bike. maybe next year or something. How heavy is it?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i'm going back and forth between the trek session, norco 6 and the SX Trail. i think 7 inches is a bit much for me, and SX Trail i can prolly get but due to the avaliblity of it and the price changing that might happen i might not get it and the weight of the norco 6 is a lot to pedal around. SX trail is a good lead it's just hard to get.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Weight may be the only...

freerider167 said:
I want one but too much $$ and they get sold within 1 day of being in the shop. so i'm looking at norco 6 now. i would get it if i had the extra money but to me that money is just too hard to let go off and see it all go into a bike. maybe next year or something. How heavy is it?
negative. Weights on this and other forums put it between 38 and 40 lbs. That may sound rather heavy, but we just got an '05 Enduro Expert in the shop last week and it weighs 33.3 lbs. in a large. The SX model and two other Enduros use the same frame and have 6" of travel. The SX Trail has about 2.5 lbs. more in the fork, at least a pound in the shock, and a beefier component spec here and there to make up the other couple of pounds, so that may about right. The Enduro Expert was an employee purchase by one of the other guys, so we have gotten to check it out. I gotta say that the regular Enduro in this newer format is no slouch. The Fox 36 fork is awesome, and the 5th Element air is very plush for an air shock. It also comes with an 8" rotor in front and a 6" in back--Juicy 7 hydros.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i though it was like 36 for the sx but they say the Norco is 41.5 and that is alot. With out price just on the bike itself would you think the SX would be better for very fast trail and pedaling action? Also DJs and north shore stuff?

thanks any help would be helpful

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no weight yet

Sorry guys, I don't have a weight yet. Not enought time to take it to the lbs and weight it today. I'll try to get it tomorrow if I can. The weight I post will be for a totally stock size large. Just as a note, while the front end may appear heavy on paper, it doesn't feel like it. Wheelies, manuels (though mine are extremely short if they happen at all), and bunny hopping are all much easier than I expected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.